No announcement yet.

2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like first week of November for our deer population from what I have observed as your neighbor in Atoka.

Comment

The rut is a myth.

Comment

E wheat

Originally posted by bowtechbandit View Post
        where you finding the E wheat ?
        Ordered it from master feed in grapevine, will all of this rain it will be 10' tall by now.

Comment

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
          its after blackpowder. i can attest to that. closer to the middle of November in my opinion
          x2

Comment

Originally posted by Crookhunter View Post
            Anyone know the general time of the RUT in PUSH CO?
            My experience has been that the first new moon in November starts alot of daytime movement but i agree that the rut seems to kick off near the middle November, if it exists.....ha!

We will be heading up November 1st this year with new moon in hopes of getting lucky early. Hopefully temps will drop by then......

Comment

Got my soil test back. Food Plot used to be and area of pines and oaks that burned a few years back. One Acre is calling for a ton of lime, 75 pounds of phosphorous, and 90 pounds of Potassium. Guy at Justin Seed recommended a couple bags of 10-20-10 to get started after I disc in Lime. Actually, not as bad as I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Crookhunter View Post
                Anyone know the general time of the RUT in PUSH CO?
                Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                The rut is a myth.

I told him chasing starts after Halloween, peak activity is around 11/19 with the week before and after that the best time, or at least how I've seen it the last few years. What do you think Booner?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                  I told him chasing starts after Halloween, peak activity is around 11/19 with the week before and after that the best time, or at least how I've seen it the last few years. What do you think Booner?

Daniel,

You are alive! Thank the Good Lord above.[emoji51] hope things are going well.

My experience is that between muzzle loader and first week in November is pretty rockin in terms of the chase phase. I've had the most success the last week of ML season. It may be just how I've been hitting it though.

If you want to be sure, go every week between Oct 1 and Jan 15. You are sure to hit it then!

It'll be here before you know it.

Comment

big ol bear!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bears everywhere!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0391.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	24460659

Comment

Finally got food plot done after all that rain Saturday. Hopefully it takes with the moisture in the soil cause it doesn't look like its gonna rain for the next week.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0384.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	24460660

Comment

What do you guys think, the wider deer is 4 1/2 and the narrow one 3 1/2?

Neither one of these fit our requirements I don't think. So they should get passes unless someone gets a itchy trigger finger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

We pulled all the camera photos on the 31st, have gone through and our last bear on camera was on the 23rd. Hoping they are done for the year as I had another ameristep blind destroyed and they pulled the conduit out of my feeder, disconnecting the timer.
                              don't want to put more pop ups out until they are gone. I did put one out the other day but only because I have no bears on camera in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                                What do you guys think, the wider deer is 4 1/2 and the narrow one 3 1/2?

Neither one of these fit our requirements I don't think. So they should get passes unless someone gets a itchy trigger finger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Arrowslinger, it may just be the way he is turned and standing but the buck on the right looks a bit older to me. That sway in his back and belly with the brisket make him look a bit older that the wider buck on the left. I'd hard pressed not to let the air out of either if given the opportunity. They look mature to me.

Micah

Comment

Working...
                                X