No announcement yet.

Buck Progression- Age question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man id have a hard time letting him go but he made big jumps every year and could make another. Even if he doesn't make a big jump he would be at least as big as he now only more kickers and nontypical points. Bucks will at least plateau for a couple years before they go in decline and he hasn't even plateaued yet from what I've seen.

Comment

I appreciate the feedback. This is a low fence ranch, but he's pretty safe and lives in the area. This dear is almost 100% natural...I put up this small protein feeder in January to see if I could help supplement their needs. What are your thoughts on score? I was thinking around 160ish? We have an abundance of mass on our ranch, the average deer I take has around 36-38" of mass.

Comment

Beautiful deer, more if you can, next year hes gonna be huge, keep feeding him thru this year and watch out

Comment

if that middle picture is a real depiction of him and not distorted then that deer is well over 160 IMO

Comment

You can see his mass in the profile
            Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful buck give him another year

Comment

Heck of a deer! Is this south Texas?

Comment

165ish this year.
                  And I bet he's 8 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by westexhunter75 View Post
                    Heck of a deer! Is this south Texas?
                    Yes sir, Jim Hogg county.

Comment

I agree. Let him roll one more year, I would say he was 6.5 this year but with the progressions he has made he could be the HUGE next year with book being more of a possibility then you are giving him. With your circumstances I'm letting him go 1 more year if I'm in your shoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As many have said let him go again! Beautiful deer and awesome to see the progression.

Comment

high 160's. 6.5. I couldn't pass that up

Comment

Working...
                          X