Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

When is everyone planting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been planting this week, the rains will come and I don't want to plant in the mud, and I want to be out of the area asap.

Comment

Thinking about planting Sunday, but dang the rain chances all disappeared for next week

Comment

Oct 10th & 11th

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          Thinking about planting Sunday, but dang the rain chances all disappeared for next week

After I posted I decided to wait even longer. Dang rain isn't looking good.

We set in stone next Friday before opener as the day to plant

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
            Oct 10th & 11th
            This

Spreading 5 tons of Lime next week, 9 tons of chicken litter the following week then tilling both in. Planting Turner seed mix the weekend of the 10th. Hopefully we get some moisture before then.

Comment

Planted last weekend in Burnet County. I had almost a half inch rain a week before and put a disc on the ground. Planted oats, wheat, rye, rapeseed, red clover and Austrian winter peas. I put some turnips in another patch and now I need some rain. I covered them with a drag, so that will help with doves, turkeys, etc. getting to them.

Comment

We got 1.7" last weekend. I contemplating planting this Friday in the moisture or waiting until it dries. Not a lot more rain forecasted next ten days.

Anyone thoughts on planting on current ground moisture against not much more in the short term forecast???

Comment

Planted 2 weeks ago and have been irrigating. Plot is up and the deer are already hitting it.

Comment

I have decided to hold off as well... Just too dry and I don't think the ground would work very well right now. Earliest I will be planting is opening weekend. Never planted that late, but I guess it will give me something to do in the middle of the day.

Comment

Another three weeks for us in Mills co.

Comment

Im planting wheat next Wednesday and Thursday.

Comment

Looks like rain moved into the forecast most of next week

Comment

Rain is looking very good next week!!!

Comment

I'll probably plant opening weekend. I need to spray my plots 1 last time to ensure everything is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                                Rain is looking very good next week!!!
                                Brandon, Where are you seeing good rain chances from? The long term models I am seeing are still looking the exact same as what we have had.

Comment

Working...
                                X