Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

How hard are your deer hitting the protein so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had the same protein out since late January. Still got about 400# left in the feeder. They are still hammering the seed though. This is the greenest I have ever seen it in Hebbronville.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
      Unless you're feeding Double Down protein they aren't touching it at all....

Just poken fun
      but I am feeding DD!"Still no eat it! Lol!
      Seriously I am. Just too much natural good stuff! Coons are getting fat though! Lol!

Comment

barely ours at all but we had 9-10 inches on rain in 30-40 days so everything is green

Comment

Ours are hitting a little protein and eating more on the cotton seed.....but summer temperatures are starting to climb so it won't be long....

Comment

Not hitting it on our place at all. I don't have a single whitetail touching it according to the trail cam. One elk was in it but not for long. I bet I haven't even lost 50# out of it, put it up beginning of March.

Comment

The mild winter along with good spring rains r saving us a little cash....we start feeding in January. Our last fillup we only hand to put out about half of what we did by this time last year. Won't be long however, once the summer heat arrives they'll be hitting the feeders more, we also have water troughs at each protein feeder so that drawns them in as well. Good luck

Comment

Not really hitting it much in Coleman. Green as can be.

Comment

Just got back from the ranch in Coleman county today. In 2 weeks we don't have a single picture of deer at the protein feeder. It is lush & green out there. Saw some does Sat evening feeding & they looked like cattle grazing eating the weeds etc on the ground. Just moseying along & picking greens as the went.

Comment

Originally posted by Fling em View Post
                    In Freer they aren't eating much at all. It's as green down there now as it has ever been and they just aren't interested, yet.
                    We've had over 15"s of rain so far and are getting hammered right now. Deer aren't hitting the protein or cottonseed much. This rain should put us close to our yearly average and it's only April. I like the rain, but we have had some crazy things happen to our bucks in really wet years.

Comment

Our protein isn't getting touched at all right now

Comment

Cottonseed about 1 ton every 3 weeks
                        in 8 baskets.
                        Protein about 1 ton every 2 weeks in 12 feeders
                        Conditions could not be better !

Comment

Definitely been a good spring. Hitting ours a little but less than the previous 3 springs.

Comment

Our deer are hardly touching it so far this year and we our loving our feed bill so far!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                              Unless you're feeding Double Down protein they aren't touching it at all....

Just poken fun
                              but they will leave a hot doe to come get a bite of that DD

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                                but they will leave a hot doe to come get a bite of that DD
                                LMFAO...or so they claim

Comment

Working...
                                X