No announcement yet.

Low fence supplement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The odds of your target buck eating protein on your place is pretty high. They do travel once the rut kicks in but IMO you will be feeding the same bucks that you will be hunting. And your neighbors will sure appreciate it too lol.

Comment

When you have good food and females, males will come eat or come with the hope of romance no matter how small the parking lot is. No food or females the males stay away.

We are talking about deer??

Comment

Alot depends on the country and browse. We feed protein for nutrition but it is as big or bigger of an attractant for deer in our area. Our country is dry and rough and they love protein. Especially our older bucks. Our place is not heavily grazed but we still are somewhat limited on browse especially as dry as it has been. Even throughout the season I have been adding a single bag of protein to the free choice feeders just as an attractant while I'm gone. We use mineral blocks as well but they don't seem to use them as much here as other places I've been on. Our soil probably loads the browse with what they need so they don't need as much supplement in that area. As usual most deer will use what their body needs and what the native browse doesn't provide. It may not be that they don't like a particular brand or supplement but that they simply don't need it.

Some don't agree but I feel you can't over feed, over supplement or over water. Anything you give them is beneficial. Whether you are maximizing the benefits or utilizing the amount of $$ you spend on it is another story. There is absolutely no way that someone can say there is no benefit to supplements whether feed or mineral no matter how much or little land you have or feed you provide. One way or another you will either improve your herds health or numbers from recruitment from neighbors.

Comment

Buy some different stuff, put it all out at the same place, put a trail cam on it and see what gets eaten first, that will be the most popular foodstuff/mineral and then you'll know.

Comment

Working...
          X