No announcement yet.

Score Guess??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how to say this without sounding rude but.......i don't care how tall the fence is, I can tell that buck is NOT old or mature or big bodied or past 15-15.5 inches wide.

Now your other bucks in that other thread look mature and bigger both in body and rack

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      I don't know how to say this without sounding rude but.......i don't care how tall the fence is, I can tell that buck is NOT old or mature or big bodied or past 15-15.5 inches wide.

Now your other bucks in that other thread look mature and bigger both in body and rack

It isn't rude I was just saying so it could be known how tall the deer actually was.

Comment

Originally posted by blntrey3 View Post
        17.5 on right and 14.5 on left

Both had big ears and the one on right was actually just inside the ears on spread

The one on left was 3.5 the one on right was 6.5 (By Jaw Bone)

Fixed noticed I had em backwards

Comment

Originally posted by blntrey3 View Post
          It isn't rude I was just saying so it could be known how tall the deer actually was.
          What he is trying to say is that height of a deer has very little to do with aging them.

On a lease we used to hunt there was a pen raised deer named Peanut. He was a 14 point buck. Typical 12 with a flyer off each G2. We called him peanut because he absolutely loved shelled peanuts to eat. He knew you had them before you showed him I assume by smell. He would chase you up and down the fence until you gave them up. He was 5.5 when we got on the lease and died three years later at 8.5. Point of my story is, Peanut also got his name in part because he was a very short deer. All the does in his pen were a good bit taller than him. It was funny when they were all in a group standing because all you could see was a bunch of does then this big rack sticking up behind their backs. Just goes to show the height of a buck is not reliable to age from.

Comment

^^^^I understand that and both your comments that it doesn't matter, just trying to clarify to him it wasn't rude on response. I have looked and looked and the more I do I believe this deer may be the son to the deer I shot. I keep listening to ya'lls comments and go back and look at other deer I have taken and others in pics I have. I know the deer I shot was a mature BIG Body deer and like said above this one is not that.

Comment

Working...
            X