• Show
Clear All

3 & 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by blntrey3 View Post
      Thanks for kind words,

and your guess on width is close on on the max side
      How wide was their inside spread?

Both bucks are older then the buck in question. He will be a toad if you let him go until next year or the year after.

Comment

Good deer

Comment

I would guess him at 2.5, 3.5 max. with a score in the upper 20s only because I can't see his ears being that long. Mule deer have an average ear length of 9 inches. So that deer either has an abnormally large head, or his ears are around 6-7 inches. If his ears are truly that large, then he would be pushing into the 40s

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            How wide was their inside spread?

Both bucks are older then the buck in question. He will be a toad if you let him go until next year or the year after.
            17.5 on right and 14.5 on left

Both had big ears and the one on right was actually just inside the ears on spread

The one on right was 3.5 the one on left was 6.5 (By Jaw Bone)

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
              I would guess him at 2.5, 3.5 max. with a score in the upper 20s only because I can't see his ears being that long. Mule deer have an average ear length of 9 inches. So that deer either has an abnormally large head, or his ears are around 6-7 inches. If his ears are truly that large, then he would be pushing into the 40s

Every one that we have mounted out there I SWEAR my dad says they are crossed with Muleys lol

I also spoke to TTaxidermy on here about ear size and he says he gets deer from the area with abnormally large ears.

Comment

17.5 on right and 14.5 on left

Both had big ears and the one on right was actually just inside the ears on spread

The one on right was 3.5 the one on left was 6.5 (By Jaw Bone)
                Nice bucks....I wasn't far off

I think that buck your asking about is 14.5-15 max

Comment

Not sure if this matters but the deer is actually about 30 yds from camera

Comment

Every one that we have mounted out there I SWEAR my dad says they are crossed with Muleys lol

I also spoke to TTaxidermy on here about ear size and he says he gets deer from the area with abnormally large ears.
                    Obamabucks.

Comment

its a cropped/ voomed pic in the real pic he looks far away

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                        Obamabucks.

lmao^^^^^^^ they do eat on my dime

Comment

I don't doubt that some are! Just looking at the entire deer, he must be big because his ears would be out of proportion if they were that big on a average size white tail. Being that big, he sure is a stud and a lot of the score guesses on here are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                            Nice bucks....I wasn't far off

I think that buck your asking about is 14.5-15 max
                            more I look/ think about it I do not think this is the deer I shot

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                              I don't doubt that some are! Just looking at the entire deer, he must be big because his ears would be out of proportion if they were that big on a average size white tail. Being that big, he sure is a stud and a lot of the score guesses on here are wrong.

Another thing about these deer are they are REALLY big bodied (Bucks anyway)

They have South Texas size with Hill Country Antlers LOL

We have killed plenty that my buddy and I could not hardly load in back of a truck with two people...we have to get in back of ranger or truck and drag the suckers in

Comment

Does it help that the feeder pen in front of him is 4.5 ft tall?

Comment

Working...
                                X