Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would pass. 2-3 year old.

Comment

on my place we would cull him due to the 6 point frame and being older than 2.5. in other words that looks like at least his third set of antlers.
      the only redeeming quality that might save him would be the split brow tine and if we had already culled out some trash bucks before i saw him.

but we have to take at least 20 to 30 bucks each year under MLD and so we will shoot a few younger ones that are inferior to other bucks of the same age. it helps to keep balance in the age classes.

since you are on a small place on not likely doing a full on game management program, my suggestion would be to wait for something bigger to put on the wall

a question for those saying take him for meat... unless you are in a no doe county, why not just kill a doe or two.

Comment

shoot him/it David!

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
          Next year if he is a sixer again. THWACK
          This^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by rsquared View Post
            on my place we would cull him due to the 6 point frame and being older than 2.5. in other words that looks like at least his third set of antlers.
            Are you saying this is a 3.5 y/o buck?

Comment

I think he's 2 1/2 and with already showing some signs of character I would be very excited to watch this deer grow. I would give him like 3-4 more years personally.

Comment

I would if not in ar county

Comment

Nope, he is 2.5

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                    I call stag. Majority of antlered doe I have seen have trash at there bases. Hardly ever any gap from base of burr to G1. I know that has nothing to do with judging but its a common characteristic ive noticed. Not all but some.
                    Just read up on stag bucks, I knew what stag meant but hadn't ever run across a stag buck. Pretty interesting stuff, I'd be curious to see how funky looking he got if he is one. I read they don't loose velvet and don't shed, and keep main frame that they have, but do they keep growing antler (length) all year round?

Comment

I would pass.

Comment

If he makes you happy ,shoot him. If you are undecided let him walk.

Comment

To young let him grow .

Comment

pass

Comment

Working...
                            X