TRAPPING 2014/2015 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
    Just bought an old 14' fiberglass Sears and Roebuck canoe for a $100 last night. Leak tested it tonight and found a bunch of cracks and leaks but it will be easy to fix

Ouch, sounds a little worse than you were told.. still a great bug for a 100.00

Cant wait to see that thing loaded with beaver and coons this winter!!

Comment

I have a dozen #2 square victor coil springs for sale if anyone needs them just pm if interested

Dale, did you ever get a reply back from that email to TTA

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
        I have a dozen #2 square victor coil springs for sale if anyone needs them just pm if interested

Dale, did you ever get a reply back from that email to TTA
        No Sir , I sure did not.

I stumbled upon the guy I sent the email to on T-man and he said that he and his wife are responsible for the website and that he forwarded the email to the association president (Bill) so that he could address my questions directly.

Have not heard from him as of yet.

I tend to expect quite a bit more out of a association that represents our rights. To me it seems a bit more like a club than a State Trapping Association.

Get those traps posted up in the classifieds brother..
        Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 07-09-2014, 09:05 PM.

Comment

I am looking for some FB DP1 traps if anybody is selling also looking for about a half dozen 330's

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
            I am looking for some FB DP1 traps if anybody is selling also looking for about a half dozen 330's
            IF you buy the Bridger 330's you will have to buy a setter also, the way the spring loops are designed prevents you from setting them by hand. Victor Conibear 330's have big enough spring loops that you can set them by hand but they are higher in price.

Cheapest place for FB1's will be one of two places F&T outdoors, or Nate at Buckstop. I bought the last 2 dozen from Nate ...

Comment

Just a FYI... Doesn’t say anything about trapping but it does talk about hunting, or possession of a firearm in these restricted places....

I would love to trap on the Nueces river in live oak county but looks like it fall under a restricted place..

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                IF you buy the Bridger 330's you will have to buy a setter also, the way the spring loops are designed prevents you from setting them by hand. Victor Conibear 330's have big enough spring loops that you can set them by hand but they are higher in price.

Cheapest place for FB1's will be one of two places F&T outdoors, or Nate at Buckstop. I bought the last 2 dozen from Nate ...

The bridgers are the ones I really want but at this point I'll take any 330 just to get started

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                  Just a FYI... Doesn’t say anything about trapping but it does talk about hunting, or possession of a firearm in these restricted places....

I would love to trap on the Nueces river in live oak county but looks like it fall under a restricted place..

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/regulati...as-in-counties
                  Ouch..being you have to dispatch the animals that could be a big issue..

Comment

WOOOHOOO!! I got the greenlight!!

Next Monday I start the fur shed!!

Plans are:

totally insulated
                    Heat and AC
                    Electric winch/skinning setup
                    Track system on the ceiling for hanging stretchers..

YEEHAAA!!

Comment

Score. Mama better be getting wine n roses

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                        WOOOHOOO!! I got the greenlight!!

Next Monday I start the fur shed!!

Plans are:

totally insulated

Heat and AC

Electric winch/skinning setup

Track system on the ceiling for hanging stretchers..

YEEHAAA!!

Dang I was happy just to be outta the wind lol

Comment

I Have settled on using Uni strut and uni struct clamps to make this set up..

Just did my framing lumber order, 224 and change..pick up next Monday morning.

Comment

Pretty near idea. I like it

Comment

Very cool thread!

Comment

Another great unistrut idea

Comment

Working...
                                X