Tree ID- Green berry/fruit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree ID- Green berry/fruit

What is this tree? Do animals like it? If so when?

There are some large seeds on the inside.

Pics sideways, my apologies
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Patton; 07-16-2013, 09:00 PM. Reason: Sorry about the sideways pics.

Persimmon

Comment

Sorry...hit the button before I was ready....soon the persimmons will start turning black, (ripe) very good to eat but the wildlife ususally gets them quickly as they start turning ripe....

Comment

I was hoping that's what they were! Thanks

Comment

Go ahead and bite into one now while they are green...it is a flavor you will always remember

Comment

Originally posted by DerekC View Post
            Go ahead and bite into one now while they are green...it is a flavor you will always remember
            Yeah I broke it open and touched my toungue to it. No bueno.

When do they ripen?

Comment

Originally posted by DerekC View Post
              He He He He ..... I want to watch

Comment

When me and my friends were in Jr High we took a bite out of one...serious dry/cotton mouth!!!

Comment

Doesnt look like a persimmon to me, bark is rough and the leaf is different on a persimmon. Looks more like a crabapple.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                    Doesnt look like a persimmon to me, bark is rough and the leaf is different on a persimmon. Looks more like a crabapple.
                    Judging off of google results, it most certainly is a Texas Persimmon

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                      Yeah I broke it open and touched my toungue to it. No bueno.

When do they ripen?
                      If your bald rub some of that on your bald spots and youll start growing hair back..

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                        Judging off of google results, it most certainly is a Texas Persimmon
                        I will google it but that does not look like any persimmon around here. Maybe mine are exotic/imports

Comment

I would agree with you that they are indeed Texas persimmons

Now I am wondering what the ones that grow here are

Comment

The ones here are Eastern Persimmons. Orange fruit, rough bark, and different leaves

Texas Persimmons do not grow in this part of the state

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                              If your bald rub some of that on your bald spots and youll start growing hair back..
                              I got a few years till then but Ill keep it in mind, thanks!

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                              The ones here are Eastern Persimmons. Orange fruit, rough bark, and different leaves

Texas Persimmons do not grow in this part of the state
                              Interesting! Learn somethin' new everyday. Now we know

Comment

Working...
                              X