2013 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
    Anyone here have any openings in the event what i am working on (potential lease) falls through?
    I have opening on a lease in Southwest Oklahoma and might have an opening pop up shortly on the lease Texas Bound is on.

Comment

Originally posted by sooner00 View Post
      I have opening on a lease in Southwest Oklahoma and might have an opening pop up shortly on the lease Texas Bound is on.
      pm sent

Comment

We are heading up check tc's and plots and will post pics when we get back!! Where is a good place to by feed near or on the way to antlers? We go up 19 thru Paris then up the Indian nation turnpike. We need protein and corn.

Comment

Not getting to the lease in 60 days is killing me. I am in the research step of purchasing a TC that will bounce the pics to my phone. Looking at the Covert Black Ops. Reading q-all's post through that thread last year has really helped.

Q, are you still running those cams and how is it going in year-2?

What cam would you suggest that I buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
            Not getting to the lease in 60 days is killing me. I am in the research step of purchasing a TC that will bounce the pics to my phone. Looking at the Covert Black Ops. Reading q-all's post through that thread last year has really helped.

Q, are you still running those cams and how is it going in year-2?

What cam would you suggest that I buy?
            Haven't put our mms cams back out yet. We have 6 Uway UM562 that functioned pretty well all last season and I have alot of Buddies that are running the same
            Setups. The battery life is realistically around 1000 pictures. U will know ur batteries are getting low when the texted pictures start getting real inconsistent.

We bought ours from trailcampro.com. I would highly recommend the 562s. I think the covert black ops is pretty much the same thing. Alot of guys on here have had good luck with them also.

But just make sure u have at least 3 bars signal on ur cell phone at the location u want the cameras.

Comment

Good info, Q. I have a solar panel and an extra battery so I was planning on doing my best McGuyver impression with a little help from the DIY section.

Hopefully we will be operational in a month. FIL is itching to get going on this project.

More to come.

Comment

Booner, I ran a Black ops last year and loved it... Hoping these two that gave me multiple cam pictures will show their faces during the season!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372522318.528563.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	24215020Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372522353.389427.jpg
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	24215021

Comment

Bo, I remember the deer/pic on the left from last season. Nice buck. Did you get any pics or sightings if him after the season?

On that Black Ops, what kind of battery life are you getting out of your set up?

Comment

It lasted well over 2 months on the original batteries before I took it down. The cams were taken down pretty quick so I didn't have any pics of either one. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372596050.575853.jpg
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	24215266 I did get some cool snow pics.

Comment

Well I hope that you get some pics of him early on. That's a nice shooter. Another year on him will make him even better!

Thanks for the info on the Covert. Love snow pics.

Comment

What do you all suggest for a food plot for the fall/winter time? Also when should I plant it?

Comment

[ATTACH]512756[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]512757[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]512758[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]512759[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]512760[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]512761[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]512762[/ATTACH]

Comment

some pics from this weekend. Not to bad for first year on the new place!!

Comment

Nice deer. What do you have planted

Comment

Power plant and cow peas but they are eating the the peas and soy beans so fast they can't get up. I plant two 1/2 acre plots and I think it's not enough but we just got this place and are trying to learn the deer density travel routes and what not next year I will do 2, 1 acre plots. I'm not sure if this stuff will make to bow season so I might have to plant some fall plots. Not sure what though.

Comment

Working...
                                X