No announcement yet.

Coyote removal, tip/advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any means possible, snares, foot holds,guns, arrows,clubs, air to ground missles, cruise missles, cannons and nuclear weapons if necessary.

Comment

what is this, think it got a fawn?

Can anyone tell exactly what that is, looks like something got ahold of a fawn that stays in the immediate area.. Whats your opion of what it may be?? I see many of bobcats about a half mile anway and killed one 100yards from there last november but does not look like the cats ive been seeing??

cannot insert an image??

Comment

I just wanted to share this because I was looking for ideas too. This was the best video I have seen.
        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I927TquNrT4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I927TquNrT4[/ame]

Comment

Renting a helicopter for a couple hours with a 12 ga and 200 *** buck shot
          That's the fastest and easiest

Comment

Thats a pretty good video. It is definitely a challenge to catch a 'yote.

Comment

Originally posted by courtatlawjudge View Post
              I high fenced a small place (less than 600 acres) in 2007 and put bred does and yearling bucks in. The first year, we lost 85% of our fawns. Tried snaring but didn't know what I was doing. Got a lesson from a pro. Will catch our 700th coyote in the next few weeks. You definitely don't want to catch around the neck as someone said earlier. Coyotes caught there get bored and chew the cable in two. I caught one recently with 4 snares around his neck. The one that got him in front of the hips finally caught him. You can pretty well deer proof a situation with a little knowledge. Dogs are a different story. A pet dog won't strangle himself. He will sit there until he dies of stress. If you have wild dogs, they may or may not choke to death. The 2-3 dogs that we have caught. I just call the owner to ome hold the dog while I cut the snare loose. I have now built several thousand snares myself and given them away. I am trying to encourage others to catch song dogs. I would be happy to explain the best way to set one, build one and the most important thing how to build a clip to hold to the wire of the fence that releases the snare. Good luck. It's the only meaningful way to reduce population. We are now at around 100% and some years better (more than one fawn per doe) on fawn survival. By the way, once you start, you can't quit. They are territorial and another will just take his place. THat's why the neighbors need to assist.
              I'd be interested in hearing more about this

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
                I'd be interested in hearing more about this
                I would also. The ones I have caught around the neck have strangled out I'm assuming pretty quickly. The ones I have caught by the waste or back legs hang there until they die of stress or I show up and kill them. But then again I'm nowhere near 700, more like 7.

Comment

Courtatlawjudge- im all ears too. Id like to see a way to make em because if you are making them it has to be cheaper than buying them! My problem at my place is its all barbed wire.. I dont have fences they gotta dig under

Comment

That is a good video. I follow almost the same procedure except I dig my bait hole with a trowel and I use fiberglass screen on the pan. The part about the trap not breaking legs is somewhat misleading though. I've had several coyotes break their legs because they went ape s-:t when the trap sprung. I don't like that, but it doesn't keep me from trapping. I just think about the fawns he didn't get to kill.

A word of caution to anyone who has never trapped. Coyotes are pretty docile when caught, almost look ashamed. Bobcats, not so much. They are sometimes hard to see, especially if you use a drag, they might be several yards away from where you set the trap. I have almost stepped on a couple, and if you need a little adrenaline rush, that will give it to you. You won't need any five hour energy drink to put a little pep in your step!

Anything you need can be found online ( baits, lures, etc. ) at minntrapprod.com

Comment

Snares.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373168316.702136.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	24217100

Comment

We run snares year round. We catch about 10 yotes a year. I think it's a good amount because we hardly see any while hunting or driving around.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373168821.114167.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	24217102Here

Comment

Here is one from last year. We actually saw him run across the road and get caught in the snare.

Comment

TTT
                              Keep the stories comin'.

Comment

Snares and traps + lead = less varmits

Comment

Working...
                                X