The Spring Plot Pic Thread 2013!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Spring Plot Pic Thread 2013!!

lets see those pics of your plots and tell us what your planting and how many acres etc....
    we spread lime, potash etc this past week and are planting today cause rain will start later today and some this weekend. cant wait to see how they turn out. we are planting 12 acres of chicory plus today. and 1 acre of powerplant and 4.5 acres of sunflower seeds at later dates cause the powerplant has to have a soil temp of at least 65 degrees. sunflowers might go in around may 15th or so, we will see. i will post pics of the areas we are planting, even though some of the dirt might look rough it has been dragged and is as smooth as a babys butt lol.

1/2 acre chicory plus

3.5 acres chicory plus

4.5 acres chicory plus

4 acres chicory plus

1 acre powerplant

4.5 acre peredovik sunflower

Last edited by BIG BONE; 12-11-2020, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Nice! Wish I had a place where I could plant.

Comment

That's a good looking crop!

Comment

looks good man, good luck with the rain, i will probably plant in 2 weeks, i need to get out another round of lime too.

Comment

I take it that you don't have cows on your place?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
              I take it that you don't have cows on your place?
              we do but gotta love cross fences

Comment

Cool. I'll follow along and post a few picks in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Great looking spots for food plots Big Bone!

I'm gonna try and plant I/C peas and forage soybeans tomorrow but I'm not gonna till. I'm gonna nuke my oats and then cultipack, then broadcast seeds, then cultipack again. Basically no till (without a no till drill ) because we have some great moisture in the ground...and I don't want to till it up to dry it out.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                    Great looking spots for food plots Big Bone!

I'm gonna try and plant I/C peas and forage soybeans tomorrow but I'm not gonna till. I'm gonna nuke my oats and then cultipack, then broadcast seeds, then cultipack again. Basically no till (without a no till drill ) because we have some great moisture in the ground...and I don't want to till it up to dry it out.
                    awesome, well i cant wait to see how it turns out for ya. im sure great. well we only got about half our seed down before it started pouring on us yesterday. wish we coulda had it all down but at least a few of our spots are getting some great rain and upcoming rain the next few days.

Comment

How much Malrin Fly bait do you mix with a 12 oz coke... You know, just asking for scientific purposes

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                        How much Malrin Fly bait do you mix with a 12 oz coke... You know, just asking for scientific purposes
                        lol i have no idea but you can find out on the racoons and deer thread i bet. im interested in that stuff too

Comment

First Food Plot

Took my first shot at a food plot this year. The plot is about 4000 sq ft. I have cows and ALOT of hogs on the property, so I fenced a small section with hog paneling to keep them out. I went to the local feed store and got a "Spring / Summer" food plot mix. Put about half the bag out and will save the rest for next year. Planned my discing and planting right before a rain. Finished the plot on a Saturday and it rained on Sunday.

I mixed in 13-13-13 fertilizer with the seed as I put it out. After putting the two out together I disced again to mix all into the soil. Took about 10 days for it to look like below in the picture. So far I am happy with the results!
                          Attached Files

Comment

looks great txhunt3r

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
                              looks great txhunt3r

Thanks, now I just hope the cows don't knock the fence down to get to it when the plot gets really thick and tall.

Comment

Working...
                              X