Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

The Spring Plot Pic Thread 2013!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milo for deer? They eat it pretty good? Protein?

Comment

The target species for the milo is turkey. Deer will eat some of it though.

With the green up and large amount of supplemental feeding im holding off on planting a lot of spring plots because they usually font survive long out here.

Comment

Every time I've planted sorghum the hogs annihilated it before anything else had a chance too. I was amazed at how they zeroed in on it. They never touched the beans and peas in the same field but completely ate the milo to the ground.

Comment

Well its was finally dry enough to plant the rest of the fields so more pictures to come. Just got done with this one.
          Chicory plus field 3 acres
          Last edited by BIG BONE; 12-11-2020, 08:53 PM.

Comment

TXHUNT3R

I bought that same mix this past week with same lable on it from Mumme's in Hondo...I been waiting on them to have it tested for past two weeks....Mummies is calling it their spring blend mix at cost of around 39=40 dollares per 50 lb bag. I planted it west of Rio Medina and planted Douglas King legume mix in another plot but coverd it with a few coffee cans of red milo....King was 57.00 per 50 lbs .....Still have one more to plant this monday if it's not pouring rain.....Rain or not either way I will win.....Andy

Comment

Well the rest of the plots are planted besides the powerplant and sunflowers

House

Gateway

Dam

Square

Sudan
              Last edited by BIG BONE; 12-11-2020, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Looking good!!

Comment

Big rains forecasted for this Tuesday and Wednesday for much of the state. If you have not planted yet (like me)....get them in the ground asap! I'm planting tomorrow.

Comment

i have been planning on mowing and spraying my spot for the last few weeks and for one reason or another havent been able to. would u recommend just mowing, tilling, and planting right now? is there something i can spray in a few weeks to control the weeds?

my plan was to spray it tomorrow then have it mowed, tilled, and planted next monday or tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      i have been planning on mowing and spraying my spot for the last few weeks and for one reason or another havent been able to. would u recommend just mowing, tilling, and planting right now? is there something i can spray in a few weeks to control the weeds?

my plan was to spray it tomorrow then have it mowed, tilled, and planted next monday or tuesday.
                      i would spray to kill for weeds normally and then wait abouy 10-14 days but if i were you now then i would just disc as good as possible and then plant and then put some weed spray on it later if the weeds are taking control

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                        Big rains forecasted for this Tuesday and Wednesday for much of the state. If you have not planted yet (like me)....get them in the ground asap! I'm planting tomorrow.
                        Thats why I planted early. We got a few sprinkles and the Milo has just started to break the surface. Hopefully we will get some of this rain and they womt burn up!

Comment

My normal process is like Big Bones...spray, wait at least a week, then till and plant and pack. I try to spray Gly again before it germinates.

But since I'm experimenting this year with no till methods....I'm going to broadcast, spray, roll it with a cultipacker.

Jshouse if you are planting only broadleaf plants (soybeans, I/C peas, etc..) then you can spray Clethodim (Arrow 2E is the name brand) to kill only grasses after the beans have germinated, but if you have corn or sorghum in there it will kill it too.

Comment

thanks guys, i am going to have ti wait till next week to plant, which means i will be able to spray tomorrow and then maybe again after i broadcast the seed. 10 day outlook up here has some rain possible next week as well, i can only hope.

Comment

[ATTACH]476445[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH]476446[/ATTACH]

Comment

looking good drop dead fred

Comment

Working...
                                X