The Spring Plot Pic Thread 2013!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bltiger View Post
    Looking good FTC, pray for some rain! What JD drill is that?
    It's a Great Plains Drill. It has several gear ratios and a small seed box that allows me to plant a wide range of seed.

I plant Triticale in fall on a different set of food plots. This week we planted iron clay peas on our un-irrigated plots. 2-5 acre, 1-10 acre and 1-15 acre plot. Next week we start working on our remaining irrigated plots. Sunflowers/sesame/milo and millet. Then 20+\- acres of some kind of legume blend.

Praying for rain.

Comment

Originally posted by FCTrapper View Post
      Next week we start working on our remaining irrigated plots. Sunflowers/sesame/milo and millet. Then 20+\- acres of some kind of legume blend.
      So are your irritated plots mostly for birds or do you get some usage by the deer from what appears to be a bird mix by me? Curious is all...

Comment

So are your irritated plots mostly for birds or do you get some usage by the deer from what appears to be a bird mix by me? Curious is all...
        I have 4 30 acre pivot plots. We will be planting 2 of them for dove around first week of may. I also have 3 irrigated plots for deer that I planted in alfalfa last October and only 1 of them became beneficial. We sprayed the 2 plots this week and will disk and plant in a legume mix this week or 2 for deer.

Comment

I have 4 30 acre pivot plots. We will be planting 2 of them for dove around first week of may. I also have 3 irrigated plots for deer that I planted in alfalfa last October and only 1 of them became beneficial. We sprayed the 2 plots this week and will disk and plant in a legume mix this week or 2 for deer.
          Curious if you have ever considered no till planting on your non-irrigated stuff to conserve moisture? I know rainfall is at a premium down there and cover crops and no till planting are very effective in drought conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
            Curious if you have ever considered no till planting on your non-irrigated stuff to conserve moisture? I know rainfall is at a premium down there and cover crops and no till planting are very effective in drought conditions.
            I have seriously thought about it. Im going to budget a No-till drill for next year. Then try planting over my cool season food plots. Using them as a cover crops for my warm season stuff.

Comment

Before I die, I want to drive FCTrapper's tractor.

Comment

I have seriously thought about it. Im going to budget a No-till drill for next year. Then try planting over my cool season food plots. Using them as a cover crops for my warm season stuff.
                Sounds like a great plan to me.

It was pretty cold last night in Katy (37)...I had frost on my truck this morning and I hope all my crops are ok.

Tapachat

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366492693.183910.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	24192577

What's eating my peas?

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366492718.210691.jpg
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	24192578

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366492740.548208.jpg
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	24192579

Comment

i have some peas with the same holes in them, have no idea what it is.

Comment

No till plotting here I come...Picking it up tomorrow and is a great deal and in great shape...

Name:	drill2.jpg
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	24195406

Name:	drill.jpg
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	24195407

Comment

Bragger

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          Bragger
                          Maybr just a little

After looking for 2 years for a decent deal I finally found one so I feel like I "earned it ".
                          Last edited by bltiger; 04-29-2013, 03:56 PM.

Comment

u have the right to brag with that thing, congrats man

Comment

Maybr just a little

After looking for 2 years for a decent deal I finally found one so I feel like I "earned it ".
                              Dude!!!! I am very green looking at that thing!!!!!

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                                i have some peas with the same holes in them, have no idea what it is.
                                The peas around the exterior of my plot have those same holes, the interior peas are fine. I also noticed they were only on the primary leaves that sprouted. My secondary leaves are coming out and look great. I also noticed tons of lady bugs in my peas. I dunno if that's a good thing or bad....

Comment

Working...
                                X