No announcement yet.

The Spring Plot Pic Thread 2013!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks really good ETM. The weeds are probably helping protect it somewhat. Looks like they are on it good.

Comment

I'm just glad it didn't get weed poisoned before I went ou there. I would of been sick. Some of the weed in that bottom somewhat resembles the bean/pea plants so I think he didn't realize it was mostly beans/peas

Comment

Sunflowers gettin taller here. Also caught a 4.8lb bass this weekend, had to brag. My biggest bass. Sry I had no shirt on, tryin to catch some rays lol

Last edited by BIG BONE; 12-11-2020, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Your peas are rocking! Are they eating it?

Comment

That's sunflower right, not
            Peas I think

Comment

Good catch......reading comprehension...duh.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                Your peas are rocking! Are they eating it?
                Not yet but I hope so once they start heading out some. They are real close to getting there first flower.

Comment

So, our peas are at about 70 days. Weeds in the plot are about 2' tall. If we wait and mow it up high in a month when the peas are mature, will it kill the peas?

Comment

Man I would leave it alone ETM. I think mowing (even on the high setting) would kill it or severely set it back.

You could try a little corner of it to verify but its doing well and they are eating it. I'd call it good!

Comment

Lablab and soybeans. (Don't remember what else)
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371060418.126414.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	24208794
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371060442.309629.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	24208795

Comment

that looks pretty dang good!

Comment

Dang! how many acres is that

Comment

FCT Thats fantastic!!! As valuable as I think pellets are NOTHING beats green legumes in the summer!! THe season is setting up to be outstanding for you. BTW it's no easy feat to grow crops like that in the harsh S.Tecas environment. Congrats.

Comment

Also, I've done side by side comparisons with cowpeas and lablab at our ranch. The cow peas were far superior. How does the lablab compare to your soy beans?

Comment

Awesome FCT. You got any TC's on that big plot? Would love to see them eating it.

Comment

Working...
                                X