Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you call this deer? Mgt, Cull, or Trophy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What rtp said

Comment

MGMT deer

Comment

cull mgmt buck

Comment

Management Deer

Comment

Personally, I call him a trophy. 1. he is a mature deer. 2. he would be one of my best bucks if not my best.. A very close friend of mine who passed away last year took me hunting at a ranch that he guided hunts on. Knowing that he was a deer guru and only believed in killing trophy bucks prompted me to ask, What kind of buck am I allowed to shoot? He laughed and proceeded to tell me that one mans trophy is likely not a trophy to the next man. His general rule of thumb, and a rule that I live by now and will forever use, is this: If its big enough to mount, its big enough to kill. If he's not worth mounting, leave him there for someone else. Cull and management bucks aside, I don't think that it could be summed up any better than that.

Comment

Shooter good management deer

Comment

All depends on what your herd looks like... I personally really like that deer!

Im with your wife on this one! Shoot that buck! Before he breaks that wicked point off!

Comment

all three. whack em

Comment

Management Deer, by definition are culls.
                    Hard and fast rules on what a management/cull is, are grounds for campfire arguments and hurt feelings.
                    Age and Trophy Quality might be a better judge for Management/Culls, example 8 poitrs or better with a 140 or better score are Trophies. All others are subject to being Management/Cull candidates.

Comment

Management deer. Choot'm

Comment

I say cull, Either way if mamma wants, mamma gets him! He is a cool deer though!

Comment

Originally posted by AJACKS View Post
                          Personally, I call him a trophy. 1. he is a mature deer. 2. he would be one of my best bucks if not my best.. A very close friend of mine who passed away last year took me hunting at a ranch that he guided hunts on. Knowing that he was a deer guru and only believed in killing trophy bucks prompted me to ask, What kind of buck am I allowed to shoot? He laughed and proceeded to tell me that one mans trophy is likely not a trophy to the next man. His general rule of thumb, and a rule that I live by now and will forever use, is this: If its big enough to mount, its big enough to kill. If he's not worth mounting, leave him there for someone else. Cull and management bucks aside, I don't think that it could be summed up any better than that.
                          I agree. The rule on our lease is if he's big enough to shoot, he's big enough to mount. Hard to tell someone what a trophy is or bash someone for shooting the biggest buck they've ever seen or taken.

Comment

Working...
                          X