Food plot and a little work today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
    That would be awesome. I'd whack him for sure, but I've never killed one that big.
    I have only killed 1 that size. In '09 there was a 181 gross non-typical low fence buck killed a mile or so from my place....but they feed the heck out of protein. So I'm hopeful there are others lurking and will show up during the rut.

Comment

****! That wouldn't suck!

Comment

Hey Uncle, quick question. It appears as though white clover is the most preferred & most dominant, so whats the benefit of mixing it with red clover? Does it emerge at a different time?

Comment

Originally posted by bwool View Post
          Hey Uncle, quick question. It appears as though white clover is the most preferred & most dominant, so whats the benefit of mixing it with red clover? Does it emerge at a different time?
          Red clover is supposed to be quicker to establish than white. It is usually much cheaper than white but only lasts 1-2 years vs white which can last 5-6 years.

I've read that red is more drought tolerant than white but I haven't seen it. I planted red/white/and crimson in a mix last fall and had all three do well until the spring and then the white (durana) completely took over everything. Red tolerates poor soil conditions (acidic, lack of nutrients) better than white.

I mixed red in with my white as an experiment. The white won on my place...hands down.

If you can get any clover to a seed head and mow it...you will have a continual supply of clover for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
            I think he goes about 118-120". Nice mature buck. I know this is going to sound stupid, but what is the score minimum to be pope and young?
            I think you are exactly right. I can't get him to 125 based on the pics.

Comment

He should make p&y! Nice buck!

Comment

Looking Good Steve! Nice Buck for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                  Looking Good Steve! Nice Buck for sure!
                  Thanks David. Let us know when you buy a place and be sure and start a thread to keep us up to date with it!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376058926.755396.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	24228999
                    Just picked this rig up. Retiring the backpack sprayer.

Comment

Originally posted by kenfa03 View Post
                      [ATTACH]529210[/ATTACH]
                      Just picked this rig up. Retiring the backpack sprayer.
                      That's a nice rig! You can knock an acre out with one fill up!

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                        That's a nice rig! You can knock an acre out with one fill up!
                        Hope so. 14' pattern.

Comment

Is that a 20 gallon sprayer? I can do exactly an acre with 2 quarts mix with 20gals of water with my tractor in 2nd gear..

Comment

15 gal. Havent read up on calibration yet. Do you add surfactant with your gly? I have some and was thinking I may add it because I want a good kill.

Comment

I use dish soap mainly but have used a surfactant before.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376279905.964064.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	24231016
                                This will get my little kill plots done.

Comment

Working...
                                X