No announcement yet.

Food plot and a little work today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Somerville is lapping over the spillway for I think its third time in history....1992 and last year. This time it was 10 feet high from the previous month's rain....then it rose another 10 feet in about 24 hours to crest the spillway tonight. I think it will blow away the all time level from 1992.

RIP beautiful clover/chicory plot.

Comment

Comment

How did the plot fair with all the flooding?

Comment

It's been a while since I posted. Alot going on and most of it is not good.

Went to my place for the first time since the floods. Been too busy. My Dad has been in and out of the hospital with heart problems the last 6 weeks. He needs a heart valve replaced and that is finally scheduled for July 20.

The floods were way worse than I imagined. I knew something was wrong when I pulled up to the gate and my truck dropped a foot when crossing from the road to my gate entrance. Flood washed a foot of rock and tore up the road pretty bad.

The other thing I noticed was my bay boat was not parked in its normal spot. It was about 40 yds to the left of where I left it last. The trailer was on top of my tractor front end loader.

Flood got so high it lifted the boat (while still on the trailer) and moved it 40 yds. The other bad news is my tractor had flood water over the engine. Didn't even try to start it so will have to load it and take it somewhere to see if they can get it going.
          The water had never back up at this spot even in last year's record flood. This one was way worse. [emoji2]

Sent from my GS7

Comment

You can probably get away with just changing all the fluids in your tractor if you didn't start it. Good thing your boat floats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Could not make it to my back plot....the lake is still backed up and won't let the creek drain.

So I check the front feeder in the woods and luckily the water did not get the feeder. It was still spinning corn/soybean mix (mainly feeding wood ducks for 3 weeks...lol).

These dates are wrong so ignore them.

Some deer have started coming back but not many bucks yet.

Will post up some more pics when I'm able to get to the back plot.

Sent from my GS7

Comment

That was close! It is a stinky nasty mess when flood gets in a protein feeder. Glad you were spared that.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                  That was close! It is a stinky nasty mess when flood gets in a protein feeder. Glad you were spared that.
                  You are not kidding! Just nasty.

Comment

Dang UF.. I was wondering what's been going on? Sorry to hear about the flood damage. Sending prayers for your pops.

Comment

Appreciate the prayers for my Dad. Will hopefully be fixed soon.

All the other stuff is minor in the big scheme of life.

Sent from my GS7

Comment

For Sure!

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                        Appreciate the prayers for my Dad. Will hopefully be fixed soon.

All the other stuff is minor in the big scheme of life.

Sent from my GS7
                        Makes hunting seem a whole lot less important...Here is to dad having a successful surgery and smooth recovery!!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                          Makes hunting seem a whole lot less important...Here is to dad having a successful surgery and smooth recovery!!
                          Yep....thanks Chris!

Comment

Sorry for all the troubles, especially with your dad. Glad to hear they're going to fix him up soon. Prayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery.

On a different topic, my 6 year old is ate up with your sons Instagram pics/videos. And we both can't believe he catches those carp at mary Jo Peckham! That's crazy. We're over there all the time and the only thing I've ever seen people catch is small catfish. For awhile I wasn't even sure if there were any fish in that pond. What does he catch those carp on?

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                              Sorry for all the troubles, especially with your dad. Glad to hear they're going to fix him up soon. Prayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery.

On a different topic, my 6 year old is ate up with your sons Instagram pics/videos. And we both can't believe he catches those carp at mary Jo Peckham! That's crazy. We're over there all the time and the only thing I've ever seen people catch is small catfish. For awhile I wasn't even sure if there were any fish in that pond. What does he catch those carp on?
                              Thanks Sean. You need to bring your boy over to the house and feed the fish with us. Kyle likes to let the kids feed them.
                              PM me if he wants to sometime.

He makes his own bread "fly" that he catches alot of them with.....some others he catches on actual bread. He sight fishes them alot with his fly rod. Right now he is in Orlando at the ICAST show....at the invitation of a lure company. He's trying to make some more advertising deals while he's there.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                                Thanks Sean. You need to bring your boy over to the house and feed the fish with us. Kyle likes to let the kids feed them.

PM me if he wants to sometime.

He makes his own bread "fly" that he catches alot of them with.....some others he catches on actual bread. He sight fishes them alot with his fly rod. Right now he is in Orlando at the ICAST show....at the invitation of a lure company. He's trying to make some more advertising deals while he's there.

Oh man he would LOVE that! Let me know when Kyle gets back and is available.

That is so awesome that he's created so many opportunities for himself. Really cool, you should be very proud!

Comment

Working...
                                X