Oat food plot and Hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RMW View Post

Well got 3 inches of rain on it since Monday so should be good, I’ll cross my fingers
    You'll know in about 10 days.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post

Well got 3 inches of rain on it since Monday so should be good, I’ll cross my fingers
      What county are you in? I planted wheat and some areas they hammered and looks like a minefield and no sprouts and other plots they never touched and sprouted and growing well.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post

What county are you in? I planted wheat and some areas they hammered and looks like a minefield and no sprouts and other plots they never touched and sprouted and growing well.
        Rufugio

Comment

Interesting, how you going to keep the cows from eating it.

Comment

Originally posted by DM3 View Post
            Interesting, how you going to keep the cows from eating it.
            They were moved out of this pasture 4-5 days before I planted

Comment

Depends what else is in the soil they might want. They will graze it though like cattle. It will be hard to get much growth out of 2ac with much grazing pressure. Definitely shoot some fert to it.

Comment

Army worms got one of my oat plots this week. They ain’t nothing left.

Comment

Got lots of deer and hogs in the oats, the hogs have not plowed it up to my surprise. Really could use some rain though been almost a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    Army worms got one of my oat plots this week. They ain’t nothing left.

Are army worms usually a problem this late? Thought they were usually done by early October?

Comment

Ain't been cold enough, soil is too warm. They are in another field as of yesterday. I planted two weeks earlier this year because we had some rain, that was a mistake.

Comment

Put a hotwire with a solar box around it. If you put 2 wires down low it's usually enough to deter pigs from oats and other plots. Hot wire doesn't effect deer, especially down low.

Comment

Working...
                        X