Is he legal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is he legal...

in an antler restricted county? Also, what do you think his age/score is?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Looks less than 13 inches spread according to TPW.
    SPECIAL ANTLER RESTRICTIONS:
    •In selected counties (see County Listing), there are special regulations for buck deer. In these counties, the bag limit is two legal bucks, but only ONE may have an inside spread of 13 inches or greater. A legal buck deer is defined as having:
    ◦a hardened antler protruding through the skin AND;
    ◦at least one unbranched antler; OR
    ◦an inside spread measurement between main beams of 13 inches or greater.
    •To determine if a buck has an inside spread measurement of at least 13 inches, look at the distance from ear-tip to ear-tip on a buck with ears in the alert position

Comment

I dont think he will make it ??

Comment

Might be close

Comment

not 13 inches

Comment

Looks pretty close i would have to shoot him and then measure to see if he is wide enough.JK cool looking deer though

Comment

I think he will make 13 inches.....He is not a young buck.....Look how wide his back is in last pic and it is behind the rack.......Not a wide rack..but I feel will beat 13 inches....

Comment

I think it's close but if I was hunting in an AR county I'd probably take him, he doesn't look young, he's a mature buck, put him in the freezer.

Comment

i dont think he will make it...

Comment

I thinking you will be alright. He's close and even if he's a little under 13 he's not the type of deer they are trying to protect with that rule.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd shoot him.

Comment

I don't think he will make it either.

You might also move this to the other forum

Comment

I am going to say no but he is close

Comment

Too close to take the chance but by looks of him he could be real good next year!

Comment

Nope, he'll end up being 12 inches just as soon as you decide to shoot. Good rule of thumb, if you're not sure, then don't shoot him. The law says 13 inches and if you do and he isn't, do you really want to mess with the fine? Most game wardens aren't going to care if you "think" he should have been harvested because of his age. The law doesn't say 4.5 yrs old and older, it says 13 inches and too many folks telling you to go ahead and shoot it don't really care if you end up having to pay a fine. (the same folks just might tell you it's o.k. to shoot him this weekend too )

I'm sure big daddy's lurking behind that nice buck and you'll see him when the season opens....

Comment

Working...
                              X