No announcement yet.

Hunting Rifle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might try shorting LOP (cutting off stock), or replacing stock with a shorter LOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterlogged View Post
      Might try shorting LOP (cutting off stock), or replacing stock with a shorter LOP.
      Agreed! Try looking at https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/ for some options.

Comment

There is no reason a scope should have to be positioned where you have it. One of two things, stock is way too long for you or there is a defect with the scope. My guess is the LOP on that stock is 1-2" too long.

Pick up the rifle, with your shooting arm hand holding it on the grip and finger out like you would when shooting, and butt of the stock running down your forearm to the crease of your elbow. A correctly fit stock will fit nicely from the crease on inside elbow to your hand holding the grip and reaching the trigger with finger.

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo117 View Post
          Have you measured your LOP? What is the LOP of that rifle stock?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
          The current LOP measurement is 14"

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
            There is no reason a scope should have to be positioned where you have it. One of two things, stock is way too long for you or there is a defect with the scope. My guess is the LOP on that stock is 1-2" too long.

Pick up the rifle, with your shooting arm hand holding it on the grip and finger out like you would when shooting, and butt of the stock running down your forearm to the crease of your elbow. A correctly fit stock will fit nicely from the crease on inside elbow to your hand holding the grip and reaching the trigger with finger.
            Yep. I did that. The butt stock in the crook of my arm and the trigger is right on curve of my index finger. Exactly where it should be. So what am I doing wrong then?

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post

Yep. I did that. The butt stock in the crook of my arm and the trigger is right on curve of my index finger. Exactly where it should be. So what am I doing wrong then?
              If the stock isn't too long than the scope could be defective. Cause where you have that scope mounted in the picture, there isn't a rifle out there that wouldn't have the same issue as what you are dealing with now. I would call leupold and get it sent in to be looked at,

Comment

So I mounted the scope back on but farther up the rail. I'm thinking that I'm just not leaning my head far enough forward when getting my cheek weld. Now I'm not expert and have never had lessons. So I will be the first to admit if I'm totally doing this the wrong way.

I'm gonna buy a cheek riser (probably Bradley adjustable) and then see how this all works. Right now because I have to lift my head a little to see down the scope, its all a moot point as to the eye relief.

Comment

Have somebody take a picture of you with the rifle mounted like you're going to shoot. After reading your last post, it sounds like that was the issue. Were you just leaning your head over and not forward?

Comment

Use these and go back to medium rings or have some one mill down the end of that picatinny rail to get your clearance for the scope bell. I had the same problem and had the rail milled down to clear the bell. You can spray paint the milled part of the rail with flat black and no one will know.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                      Have somebody take a picture of you with the rifle mounted like you're going to shoot. After reading your last post, it sounds like that was the issue. Were you just leaning your head over and not forward?
                      Yep. I wasn't leaning head forward.

Comment

Working...
                      X