No announcement yet.

Range Finder Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Sig and like it a lot.... the one problem I have with it is that it uses up a battery really quickly. The battery display always shows full also. I use it for 3D season so it is used a lot.

Comment

do not get leupolds
      ive returned 3 through warranty bc the led goes bad... the last one they told me all they could do was give me 100$ credit to another one...

I told them to toss in trash- never again, and backordered thru china

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
        do not get leupolds
        ive returned 3 through warranty bc the led goes bad... the last one they told me all they could do was give me 100$ credit to another one...

I told them to toss in trash- never again, and backordered thru china
        10/4 I'll scratch that one out.

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
          Which Sig models are y'all running?
          1600 and up will have red display. Mines a 1600

Comment

I like Bushnell Pro X3 Laser Rangefinder most.

Comment

Mine is probably a 1600

Will try and remember to check tonight

Comment

Thanks guys!!

Comment

Mine is Kilo 2000

Comment

I have a Sig Kilo 1400BDX and I have no complaints other than hard to see at dawn and dusk due to it not having lighted display. It reads very quickly out farther than I care to shoot

Comment

Mine is a Sig Kilo 1000

Very simple to operate and set to use out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo1 View Post
                        Mine is a Sig Kilo 1000

Very simple to operate and set to use out of the box.

Have the same one. Great price and works really well.

Comment

Sigs are nice.

I like my vortex ranger also. The red display is nice in low light

Comment

I have a Vortex Ranger 1300 and it has let me down when I really needed it not to. I've kept it because it does work. I am not sure why it was just that one time. It was a really bad let down too. I had stalked into position on a herd of axis and they were grazing to me. A really good one gave me a perfect shot op. I ranged and ranged and got dashes. Guessed him at 40, he ducked, and it went right over his back. He was 30. If I shot him at 30 I'd have smoked him. Still a little chapped and it was totally the range finder.

Y'all got me wanting to look into those Sigs.

Comment

I’ve had a Bushnell Yardage Pro since the 90’s, and it still works great but is huge. I shopped around and bought an older used Swarovski off another board for $400.

Comment

Range Finder Opinions

I bought a sig buckmaster that I prefer over my old vortex ranger 1000. However, I liked my Hawke endurance 700 over either of them. Vortex is the only rangefinder I know of with a lifetime warranty though.

The sig isn’t bad and it’s fast, but it’s not totally waterproof. Idk if the kilo’s are better in that regard but I’d expect so. The buckmaster is their low end. The sig is significantly faster than the vortex, and maybe it’s just me but having to hit the vortex 3 times to range something drives me nuts. The click is also loud if ya ask me. Only downside to the sig is it fogged up pretty bad on me after a rain.

I wouldn’t have even bought the sig had I not let my nephew borrow the Hawke, which he managed to lose. The Hawke had the arc technology that would let you know if there was a branch present, and it also had a rain feature.
                                Last edited by Kirby86; 11-11-2022, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X