East TX Pop Up Blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East TX Pop Up Blinds

Let's see some pics of pop-up blinds in the East TX Piney woods. Show a pic and tell if you've been successful bowhunting out of it. Thanks.

I've never had much luck out of a pop-up in East Texas, but have had fantastic luck out of natural ground blinds. I'd find me some good clumps of natural brush, pull the tops together, and tie them off for my base. Then stack as much brush on it as you can and try to get some depth as well so it's really dark inside. Try to get at least 6 to 8 feet back in it from your shooting window and they'll get in your lap! Good luck!

Comment

I hunt almost exclusively in pop up’s in Polk and Angelina county. Shot my buck this year at 25 yards out of one. Only way to hunt IMO. Gar guy kills tons from them too

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
        I've never had much luck out of a pop-up in East Texas, but have had fantastic luck out of natural ground blinds. I'd find me some good clumps of natural brush, pull the tops together, and tie them off for my base. Then stack as much brush on it as you can and try to get some depth as well so it's really dark inside. Try to get at least 6 to 8 feet back in it from your shooting window and they'll get in your lap! Good luck!
        Ever found a snake inside a natural blind?

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
        I hunt almost exclusively in pop up’s in Polk and Angelina county. Shot my buck this year at 25 yards out of one. Only way to hunt IMO. Gar guy kills tons from them too
        Do you have any pics?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5F85C586-4805-4702-858E-0892C44C1A36.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	24695874

I don’t have pics of my blinds but I can say I do not brush them in. I do take a few limbs and put around the bottom but nothing major. I don’t like to have a big blob of jungle limbs. Opening morning I had a doe so close I could almost touch her The biggest trick is to make sure they are positioned correctly with the wind and also in a way that you can walk into them quietly and always stay downwind of where deer will be coming from. Never walk through your set when coming in.

Comment

[ATTACH]1105651[/ATTACH]

I don’t have pics of my blinds but I can say I do not brush them in. I do take a few limbs and put around the bottom but nothing major. I don’t like to have a big blob of jungle limbs. Opening morning I had a doe so close I could almost touch her The biggest trick is to make sure they are positioned correctly with the wind and also in a way that you can walk into them quietly and always stay downwind of where deer will be coming from. Never walk through your set when coming in.
            This is good info. I hunt a pipeline that runs East to West. I have a blind set up right in the middle of the pipeline for rifle hunting. I can see both directions up and down the pipeline I want to set a pop-up somewhere in the brush to bowhunt. It is only about 30 acres and very heavy hunting pressure all the way around. I have been running 2 feeders but am leaning more toward hand corning but I don't live there. I only go about once a month.

Your last statement answered another question I had about hand corning as I walk to my blind. Thanks.

Comment

Also, that is a great buck for East Texas. I hunt about 20 miles West of Shreveport and not too many deer there.

Comment

That is all we have hunted out of for the last 10
                Years. Never had a problem harvesting out of them during bow or rifle hunts.
                Sometimes I brush them in and other times nothing. Have had 2 snakes over the years coming inside one grass snake and one copperhead we always keep a whooping stick inside about 3 ft long for those moments lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rivershack21 View Post
                  That is all we have hunted out of for the last 10
                  Years. Never had a problem harvesting out of them during bow or rifle hunts.
                  Sometimes I brush them in and other times nothing. Have had 2 snakes over the years coming inside one grass snake and one copperhead we always keep a whooping stick inside about 3 ft long for those moments lol
                  Thanks. Any pics?

Comment

[ATTACH]1105651[/ATTACH]

Man how did I miss that deer? Stud!

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Name:	174EAF6D-3842-4C3E-9421-CA05F2F145D3.jpeg
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	24695963[ATTACH]1105879[/Click image for larger version

Name:	E796EB12-47DF-4E4C-877C-0DA785F63C77.jpeg
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	24695965ATTACH]

Name:	DF0076CF-65B0-4084-9263-F7FA2D586515.jpeg
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	24695966

Here are two setups. Pics from inside And out
                        Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH]1105651[/ATTACH]

Congratulations for a fine trophy!

Comment

[ATTACH]1105878[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1105879[/[ATTACH]1105880[/ATTACH]ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH]1105881[/ATTACH]

Here are two setups. Pics from inside And out
                            I like it and not even brushed in that much. Thanks.

Comment

This is my daughter’s setup. 20 yards from the feeder set up for a south southeast wind. Buck was at 12 yards with a 9 year old stirring around and it never paid attention to her. I put them out a month before bow season on private with some brush between it and the feeder. On public I just brush in the corners a little to break up the outline.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X