No announcement yet.

East TX Pop Up Blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try to put it in the shade. They get hot in the evening sun when it’s 95 degrees in bow season!
    Last edited by JA23; 10-19-2022, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JA23 View Post
      This is my daughter’s setup. 20 yards from the feeder set up for a south southeast wind. Buck was at 12 yards with a 9 year old stirring around and it never paid attention to her. I put them out a month before bow season on private with some brush between it and the feeder. On public I just brush in the corners a little to break up the outline.
      Thanks. That is awesome.

Comment

The dark spot inside the circle was my shooting hole. Tree fell across the lane so I zip tied branches all over my pop up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is one I set up this season on a freshly mulched property so had plenty of brush to use. Most of the lay downs in front were already there so I just set it up in the pocket behind them

Comment

having problems uploading pics - covered ours in pine needles and threw a cargo net over the top to attach branches to
            Last edited by EastTexasTiger; 10-27-2022, 09:22 AM.

Comment

These are awesome. Thanks.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by SETX_Insanity View Post
                  This is one I set up this season on a freshly mulched property so had plenty of brush to use. Most of the lay downs in front were already there so I just set it up in the pocket behind them

Well done!
                  I’ve got a few pop ups. They’re those 360 view ones. I think it doesn’t contain scent as well as a solid wall pop up. No pics but I brushed the bottom and sides in but it’s south Texas brush country so there’s not a lot of big limbs or ways to brush over the top. If the wind isn’t right I’ve had them bust me big time or just be super weary.

Comment

Those 360 view pop ups are the way to go!

Comment

pretty good info here for the pop up world. I prefer mine off the ground because I ma afraid of snakes

Comment

Are ya'll shooting through the mesh or open windows? I have read the 360 view blinds are bad in sunlight, any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Ferg View Post
                          Are ya'll shooting through the mesh or open windows? I have read the 360 view blinds are bad in sunlight, any thoughts?
                          open windows

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                            pretty good info here for the pop up world. I prefer mine off the ground because I ma afraid of snakes
                            agreed

Comment

I will say this, to kind of go along with what Javelin said, and posted pics of. In all truthfulness, we as hunters brush em in so we can step back at 20-30 yds and say “man, that jokers hid GOOD!!” When in reality, you just set that up in those deer’s living room! Whether it’s minimal like Javelin, or a huge pile of brush with just holes to shoot through, don’t kid yourself, they WILL KNOW ITS THERE! How will they react to it? Only your deer in your area will answer that question. So to Javelin’s point, I do minimal brushing in, not out of laziness at all, but just because I know the deer are going to know it’s there, so I just roll with it. Don’t get me wrong, there may be plenty of guys that say they’ve tried both, and heavily brushed in is always better. I’m just saying in my case, where I hunt, they notice both ways equally as easy. And I have plenty of other things to work in the deer woods instead of cutting and piling a bunch of brush that’s not going to help me out in my situation. And yes, my deer are NE Texas, so plenty wary. Just my .02. Good Huntin, and God Bles, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                                I need an easy way to get mine off the ground. Just 3 or 4' would be good for me. I hate snakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X