No announcement yet.

New bow issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I had a similar issue this year, except high and left (I'm left handed) after 5-10 shots. The first 5-10 shots, spot on out to 60 yards. Turns out my tension release was turned up wayyyyy too much. I could muscle through the first 5-10 shots, but after that, my back muscle tired and I started pulling with whatever muscle a person uses after the back muscles get tired. That changed my form ever so slightly, at which point I would torque the bow, leading to crap shots. I could adjust my sight to account for this new form and torque, and once I did that, my bow would shoot spot on again, until I pulled it out next time.

Once I figured it out, I could fling an arrow, and know before it hit the target where it was going to hit.

I will add, my bow was slightly out of time, and the string was due for a replacement. I replaced both, along with correcting my tension release weight.

Comment

If you still have the factory Zebra string on it, get rid of it.
      That is likely your problem.
      Im a huge Mathews fan these days but those Zebra strings SUCK.
      I put ABB Platinum on my VXR before I ever picked it up from the shop after I ordered it.

Comment

Take it to the shop where you purchased make sure the cams didn’t get out of sinc

Comment

Update

I took the bow to my local shop and found out the cams were slightly out of sync. Adjust that and everything appears to be great again. Thanks for all yalls help!

Comment

Check and make sure your vanes aren’t making contact with anything .

Comment

Sounds like you need to tune it.

Comment

Working...
              X