New bow issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New bow issues

I recently bought a brand new bow for this season. The first few days shooting the bow I was drilling bullseyes at 20 and 30 yards consistently. Then out of no where I can't keep a group at all the arrows shoot 2-3" high and low, 2-3" left and right. How can I go about fixing this before season?

First you need to identify the problem. Is it target panic ? Or bow torque ? Or maybe not lining your peep and sight housing up the same each time. Nock on archery has some good videos on the shot process that might help refresh your muscle memory..

Comment

I make sure to keep the level on the sight level. I don't think it's torque. But I will definitely check out nock on archery. Thanks for the recommendation

Comment

How long have you had it? How many shots? Maybe the string has stretched?

Comment

How many shots ? I was told to get 100-200 shots in before putting my sight tape on on my single pin and to bring it back in for shop to check out timing after it gets broke in.

Comment

Probably 300 or 400 shots, and I got it September 15th.

Comment

You've probably been shooting too much, slow down and take a break. Have you always shot daily?, need a few more details

Comment

Don't know what bow you're shooting, but are your cams still in synch/ timed?

Comment

I shoot daily from September to January.

Comment

Shooting a mathews v3 27.

Comment

If you've been shooting for a long time it doesn't take a lot of practice to stay true. For instance I had a buddy get drawn for Arizona elk this year, first time in 16 years and hadn't touched his bow in 16 years. He called me to shoot in my backyard after back surgery 1 month before the season and after 15 - 20 arrows was shooting 2" groups at 20 yards. We shot a lot in the 80's and 90's. You shouldn't need to shoot daily. Plus he shoots fingers and we're old.

Comment

Ok, I never realized shooting daily was an issue but it sounds like my problem is string stretch and possible over doing at the shooting range.

Comment

Keep all of your bow measurements in your phone so you can easily check to see if something has changed. With today's strings I really don't think your strings are stretching with that many shots.

Comment

I adjusted my sight tonight, got it where I'm hitting vertically correct but still hitting left and right. I will check in tomorrow to give yall an update. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Shooting daily isn’t an issue unless you’re having some muscle fatigue. Probably string stretch and your DL is a little long. I’d shorten the d loop or twist up the string. Check tune then shoot some. Make sure your release is the same each time. If my DL is a 1/2” long or even 1/4” long I have trouble with consistency because I’m not keeping the same pressure on the backwall. When that happens, youre more likely to torque the bow ever so slightly trying to maintain pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X