Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Anyone made the switch back to multi pin from single pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no way I would go back to a multi pin sight, now that i have used a single pin for a period of time. The only way, would be if No body made a quality single pin. Even then I would try and make a single pin out of a multi pin sight myself.

Comment

Been shooting an HHA for 4-5 years now and loved it.

I just moved to a garmin xero to try something different. So far it's going pretty good in the backyard. Need some more field time with it though

Comment

Hunting in East Texas where deer can move quickly through the thick brush and loose an opportunity of a clear shot, I don't have time to adjust the sight. So I prefer muti-pin.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
          Switched to single pin. Set on 20 and leave it alone. None of my setups allow for much more than that.
          x2

Comment

I have tried sliders and like them for 3D but too many things happen in hunting situations for me to give up my 7 pins. Just old school I guess.

Comment

I used the spot Hogg vertical double pin for a few years. Set it at 25 and the 2nd pin for me was 40. For hunting woods, it was perfect.

This year I lost my woods lease and was hunting a more open area. I set up a 5 pin slider for that. No regrets, it’s awesome too. If I have a great woods place next year, I probably won’t bother switching ack to the spot Hogg the 5 pin slider is fine.

D

Comment

I have a Hogg Father single pin and have been happy for the last two years. I will probably send it in and have the 2 spot single pin installed. It seems to be the best for my style.

Comment

I shoot a multi pin but I use the vertical pins (Trophy Ridge V5) and have found it works best for me.

Comment

Good stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Single pin here too..Tried a couple multi pin no wano!

Comment

I have had a 5 pin, 3 pin, single pin and double pin all from spot hogg. I currently shoot the double pin and will never go back to a multi pin.

Comment

Just switched from multiple pin to single. Wish I would have done it sooner. Love it and will never go back.

Comment

probably never go back to a multipin

Comment

I’m assuming that y’all havent had much issue with deer/game spooking and changing yardage after you’re at full draw? If so, how is adjusting a single pin to a different yardage on the fly like that?
                              This is the only reason I haven’t switched to a single pin. If it doesn’t seem to happen much to y’all, or the adjustment on the fly isn’t as big of a pain as I’m thinking, I may make th switch before next season

Comment

Switched to a single pin about 5 years ago. Second best thing I ever did, archery wise. First best was switching to a thumb release.

Comment

Working...
                                X