Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Anyone made the switch back to multi pin from single pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone made the switch back to multi pin from single pin

I'm playing with the idea of switching to a single pin sight. There sure does seem to be a lot of people who have made the switch and decide never to go back.

Well, with money as tight as it is, switching to a new sight isn't something that I want to do flippantly. I'm wondering, has anyone ever switched back to multi pin after shooting a single pin sight? If so, why?

Matthew

I shot a single pin for years and picked up a new to me bow a year or so back with multiple pin sight and tried to use it for a while and ended up taking it off and going back to single pin. Can't imagine I'll ever go back to multi pin.

Comment

4th season with single pin. Have no desire to go back. I have shot several friends new boys with multi pins, not near as comfortable. I don't see myself going back

Comment

I made the switch to a single pin sight about 4 years ago. I don't think i could ever go back to a multi pin. The better field of view and less concentration on which pin to use, makes a single pin much better imo.

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
          I made the switch to a single pin sight about 4 years ago. I don't think i could ever go back to a multi pin. The better field of view and less concentration on which pin to use, makes a single pin much better imo.
          ^^^This is what sold me on the single pin sight^^^

Comment

Been shooting a single pin for a couple years now. Best move I ever made. It just makes shooting so much easier for me not having to jack with anchoring my sight housing then picking a pin.

Comment

Wow, it's pretty amazing that this many of you are this sold out.

A couple of follow up questions: 1) Are you primarily whitetail/hog hunters year-to-year? 2) Do you regularly hunt whitetail from tree stands?

Don't get me wrong, if I could hunt elk everyday, then I would. But they don't stomp around my back yard.

Matthew

Comment

I go back and forth between fixed and sliders. The last couple years I have been shooting Hogg fathers with either 3 or 4 pins. I use the 4 pins out west. Gives me fixed pins to 50 yds and I can dial to the yard to about 110-120 yds. It's the best of both worlds for me. I think single pins are better suited for deer hunting and stands but that is my opinion.

Comment

Following this as I'm trying to convince myself to make the switch as well.

Comment

Originally posted by AustinBowhunter View Post
                    Wow, it's pretty amazing that this many of you are this sold out.

A couple of follow up questions: 1) Are you primarily whitetail/hog hunters year-to-year? 2) Do you regularly hunt whitetail from tree stands?

Don't get me wrong, if I could hunt elk everyday, then I would. But they don't stomp around my back yard.

Matthew
                    Yes to the first, no to the second. Most of my hunting is from an elevated ground blind 4' high. But, I have also spot and stalked whitetail with my trophy ridge react one. Wasn't very hard to adjust on the fly, and I can also just set the pin at 30 and know where to aim from 40 on in. It may seem a bit rushed when you're stalking, but it really hasn't given me any reason to switch to a multi pin in any configuration.

Comment

In for results. I am about to make the switch to single pin myself.

Comment

Switched to single pin. Set on 20 and leave it alone. None of my setups allow for much more than that.

Comment

Make the switch. You won't regret it.

Comment

Just sold my single pin. Going to a 3 pin slider. Deciding on a spot hogg or mbg.

Comment

I have about 5 times over the years. Hated it. Went back to single. Main thing is what works best you not me.

Comment

Working...
                              X