Rage or Ramcat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ramcat.

Only issues you'll run into with them will be if they'll fit in your quiver, and if the shelf on your riser has clearance.

They're one of the largest cutting diameter fixed blade heads out there, without any of the energy loss of a mechanical. Of all the fixed blade broad heads I've shot, the Ramcats have by far taken the least amount of tuning to get to fly with field points.

Comment

Never had a problem with either of them. Just whatever you feel more confident with. Here's a couple pics I had on my phone from 2 blade rages

Comment

rage fan
        Attached Files

Comment

Rage Chisel tip SC, hands down, all day, much better than all other broadheads period dot
          Most of that was sarcasm of course but I really do love the Rage chisel SC's. As accurate as a field tip and with proper placement they will kill a deer every time. I did have a blade break off last year but it was after a full pass through on a little 90 lb boar, it hit a rock on the other side. Wonderful wound channels from Rage. The only negative reviews I hear about them are from marginal at best shots so I those opinions do not hold much weight with me personally.

Comment

Like seeing all the pictures guys. Thank you. Really helps the choice

Comment

Rage Hypos flat out work. I have used them for the past few seasons and havent lost a animal yet. Every animal I have shot with them fall within sight. But of course shot placement is key and I am only shooting about 8-10 yards. Here are a few pics of a few different deer shot and one video of a doe I have shot using rage hypodermics.

Blood trail on a Doe I shot during the 2013-2014 bow season. Shot with a Rage Hypodermic. First time trying to record so I didn't get the actual shot. Used m...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by jebsvitals; 08-18-2015, 11:54 AM. Reason: fix video link

Comment

Here's one from a 100 grain Ramcat, she went 30 yards and fell over dead.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                  rage fan
                  About how far did those bottom two doe go? I want to show my wife who is a new hunter where to aim and how much room she has. She has never shot a deer and I want her confident she can make an ethical kill. Both of those shots look like a great frame of reference for her.

Comment

Looks like that rage and ramcat did work.

Comment

Haven't gotten the opportunity to shoot anything with my ram cats yet, but they do fly exactly like my field points.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                        Haven't gotten the opportunity to shoot anything with my ram cats yet, but they do fly exactly like my field points.
                        What target are you shooting your Ramcats into? I want to test mine out before going to the field but I am skeptical because the blades seem like they will break easy upon removal.

Comment

Originally posted by HeathJohnson View Post
                          What target are you shooting your Ramcats into? I want to test mine out before going to the field but I am skeptical because the blades seem like they will break easy upon removal.

A big big foam block. Blades held up find for me, and stayed razor sharp

Comment

Originally posted by HeathJohnson View Post
                            I shoot mine into foam layered target then unscrew them from the back and pull the arrow out alone

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                              I shoot mine into foam layered target then unscrew them from the back and pull the arrow out alone
                              That is a good idea. Thanks!

Comment

rage hypodermic for sure, awesome penetration

Comment

Working...
                                X