No announcement yet.

Rage or Ramcat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is almost like asking which bow should I choose, Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech, etc or which truck should I buy. A bow tuned well to the broadhead you decide to use will kill. I've been bowhunting for a long time and shot a lot of different broadheads. I used to hear how terrible Zwickey broadheads would wind plane for some people, but I shot them and they hit where my field points hit. I am shooting Rage Extremes and have never had an issue since they have gone to the blade retaining collar instead of the O-ring. Never shot Ramcats, but I'm sure they would do fine also. I honestly believe if your going to hunt and not just shoot at targets, you should use enough arrow, also. Most of the problems I've heard about with Rage and other mechanicals stemmed from using too light an arrow. In this day of speed, speed, speed, a lot of shooters are trying to hit the IBO mark with their bows, and to do this, your going to have to shoot a light arrow or an unreasonable amount of draw weight. If your bow is tuned right, and no, I'm not saying those who had problems with Rage had bows out of tune, then either one of these broadheads will do the job. By the way, I shot a 175# boar through the shoulder blades with a Rage Extreme and got a complete pass through and he fell in my sight. I then shot 2 more hogs the next morning with the same broadhead with same blades and recovered both of those as well.

Comment

I'm a swhacker guy myself, but out of the two I'd say ramcats

Comment

With the rage hypodermic do yall shoot thru the mesh windows ??

Comment

I, personally will not and have not shot thru mesh with any head. I have a very small opening in my ground blinds and I, personally do not see why you would shoot thru mesh. You spend all this time and money on equipment, hopefully tune your equipment to the best it can be and then tell me that nothing will be affected by shooting thru mesh?! Why not tune your bow to shoot thur mesh is what I am asking. Another variant if you don't in my opinion. Just my opinion and nothing more.
          I know many, many animals have been killed shooting thru mesh without any problems, but that just seems like adding a possible problem when hyou do. Also, how many actually shoot thru mesh to practice to see if there are any problems before they hunt?????
          Just opinions and I do not bash anyone that does and is successful, just asking.

Comment

Ramcat all day long...

Comment

We do not shoot through mesh. Actually have double pane windows for my bow blind.

Comment

Everyone should post some damage pictures. Always like those

Comment

It depends for me on what I'm hunting. Both are fantastic heads and I shoot them both. For me it goes like this:

Deer Sized Animals (whitetail, axis, blackbuck) I shoot solely the Rage Hypodermic. You get WAY more out of them on an animal that is not as deep of bodied. Better chances for a pass through that has 2 very large holes. The rage doesn't always get through deeper bodied animals because of the large cutting diameter which is the only draw back for me.

For Deeper Bodied Animals (aoudad, pigs etc) Ramcat. Ramcats penetrate far better on just about every broadhead test that I've seen. In my opinion the odds of a complete pass through are far better on these than any other broadhead made. You just don't get the huge slice that you get with rage but you do gain greater penetration.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                    Firm believer, you set up a rage properly and they are very devastating. For each there own, hope you get a chance at a buck!
                    AGREED.. if you pay attention to your broad head then you will have no problems and one hell of a wound channel.

Comment

he no likey hypodermic!

Comment

Ramcat

Rage didn't perform well for a few friends last year and the blades broke up in the 2015 BH test

Comment

heres the video, dang youtube.
                          Attached Files

Comment

RAGE!!! I'm sure the ramcats are fine. I truly think it's whatever head your comfortable with there all deadly with the right shot!!!

Comment

Both Rages broke up...

Ulmer Edge will be in my quiver...with Muzzy.....

Comment

....and Ramcats

Comment

Working...
                                X