Time for a new string..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
    Are you taking these measurement with the limbs maxed out? If not crank them down and remeasure.
    havent measured yet, just wondering what the allowable tolerance is

Comment

Generally for most bows +/- .125" is considered acceptable. These are round about figures that will float slightly as the bow is tweaked for weight, draw length and cam starting rotation and sync when applicable.

Comment

Take it to Bowzone and they will fix you up right.

Comment

love my KORBIN's String !!! TBH Sponsor. Texas man.

Comment

I have been really happy with my 60x strings. be careful of the buzz words like "zero-peep rotation and serving separation" there are a lot of builders out there meeting those standards, matter of fact you simply wont sell any product if you have too much of either. while a quality build is important having a builder build your strings to spec. is just as critical, and that's where many fall short. if an order is taken properly and a string is built right the last thing the buyer needs is a warranty.

Comment

hit up Flame-Tamer here,he builds strings. Pyro STrings is his company.. Great strings..

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                At what point is my bow out of spec? For instance, the axel-axel for my bow is 31.75". If I measure this on my bow and get 32" or 32.25" is it still good to shoot? There must be some allowable tolerance? Im going to get it replaced, I just want to know if I can still shoot it until I can get into a bow shop.
                Ok the bow has 70lb limbs but I have them backed down to 65lbs. I measured the outside of limb to inside of other limb, and came up with 32". Do y'all think this bow is still safe to shoot? And furthermore there are no frays in the string etc, do I really need new strings?
                Last edited by marshhunter; 03-15-2015, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Without seeing it I would say it is safe to shoot. You might have a hard time tuning it/getting broad heads and field points to hit the same place. When you measured did you measure from axel to axel or tip to tip? You need to measure from axel to axel. You may not need a new string. A bow shop can put all back into specs for you. Heck I could do it if you were closer. A bow shop will also help you decide if you need a new string or not. They WILL err on the side on new string though.
                  Again if there are now broken strands and if you are only 1/4" off on axel to axel I would say shoot it. If you are not happy with the way it shoots then time for a bow shop. If it shoots well for you then save your money and enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
                    Without seeing it I would say it is safe to shoot. You might have a hard time tuning it/getting broad heads and field points to hit the same place. When you measured did you measure from axel to axel or tip to tip? You need to measure from axel to axel. You may not need a new string. A bow shop can put all back into specs for you. Heck I could do it if you were closer. A bow shop will also help you decide if you need a new string or not. They WILL err on the side on new string though.
                    Again if there are now broken strands and if you are only 1/4" off on axel to axel I would say shoot it. If you are not happy with the way it shoots then time for a bow shop. If it shoots well for you then save your money and enjoy it.
                    that was tip to tip

If I measure from here, I get 31 5/8"

According to bass pro, the axle to axle is 31.75, I must be measuring from the wrong place?
                    Last edited by marshhunter; 03-15-2015, 03:54 PM.

Comment

That silver piece that is sticking out through your limb is the axel. Put one end of the tape measure on one of them and measure to the other one. Don't measure the limbs themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
                        That silver piece that is sticking out through your limb is the axel. Put one end of the tape measure on one of them and measure to the other one. Don't measure the limbs themselves.
                        ahhh.... well that makes since I shot it yesterday, seemed to group fine, im mostly worried about the age of the string (5yr Old), there are no frays or anything like that, and i wax it every time I shoot it

Comment

I would not worry about it. Strings don't have an exparation date they wear out from use. If yours still look good I would shoot away.

Comment

bowstrings

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                            I bought this bow new in 2010, and it has not had a new string put on it before. And from what I understand the "general rule" is once every 3 years? That being said is a string a string, or is it much like the debates between Hoyt, Bowtech, and Mathews? The bow I have is a 2010 Diamond Black Ice Flx, I haven't shot it in about a year due to not having a bow target, and because I'm more of a duck hunter with a bowhunting problem. What would be a recommended string to put on it, and about how much would this generally cost, I realize that I would need to take it to a bowshop, due to me not having the know how, nor a bowpress.

Stephen
                            TBH price is $54.89 when using us.

Comment

Re measured it, from Axle to Axle and got 31 7/8". But i also noticed about a 1/2" of serving separation next to the cam.

Comment

Working...
                              X