No announcement yet.

I want to get into bowhunting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOPs!! I was on the phone when I typed that. I totally meant Mathews! haha! I remember typing Mathews and then rewording it. LOL!!

Comment

Any bow shops to recommend in Killeen?

Comment

There isn't any shops in Killeen other than academy but I go to Nocked and Loaded in Lampasas. I know Double G is also close by in Georgetown but I never been.

Comment

Lame. Guess I'm going back into Austin tomorrow.

Comment

Perfect. Wanted to try the Mathews Chill R but Archery Country sold out

Comment

So....went to Double G Archery in Georgetown....**** you Paul....It's all your fault that I bought that '14 Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30!!! He never should have put it into my hands!!! Before I shot the CS30, I shot a Hoyt Nitrum, and 15 Bowtech Prodigy. I liked the Prodigy better than the Nitrum. The prodigy had what felt like less vibration (?), not sure if I'm using the right terminology. Then I was going to settle on the Prodigy, but something wrong told me to try out the Carbon...Then I took one shot with the Carbon and it was over...hook, like, and sinker! I wasted time thinking about it and then told him to toss an IQ sight on it and got me a release. Paul was great! gave me a good deal on the bow and even tossed in a biscuit! The biscuit isn't anything to brag about, but it's better than not having anything. Still eventually want to get a stabilizer, better arrow rest, and I need a quiver I guess. But, I finally got my bow!

Comment

Stick with it .Good on you
                Last edited by Alpha Dog; 01-03-2015, 10:08 PM.

Comment

I am new to this site and also looking to embark on the thrill of the hunt with a bow. Thank you all for your advise and time as I am going tomorrow to look at the different shops that you listed in Houston. I'm in Conroe so not a bad drive anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X