Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

I want to get into bowhunting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to get into bowhunting...

I haven't show a bow in about 17 years, and that was a basic recurve back in school. I have been wanting to get into archery for a long time, I just did not pull the trigger. What pointers can y'all give me as to where to go to get a bow?

I am located in Corpus Christi, but I travel to San Antonio. I imagine that there are more archery proshops to go to in SA. CC only has Clydes, and it looked to me like they had a very limited selection.

You came to the right place

Comment

Go somewhere you can shoot as many as possible...

Double G may be worth the drive. I'm not sure what all they carry, but I'm sure they carry the big names.

Just shoot the bows... pick the one that you love shooting the most! Simple enough!

Comment

There's s link... hopefully it works.

Looks like they carry Hoyt and Bowtech. Two really good brands. Just find a place that sells elite... mathews... maybe s few others and shoot them.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
          http://www.doublegarchery.com/site/7...Shop.html#2642

There's s link... hopefully it works.

Looks like they carry Hoyt and Bowtech. Two really good brands. Just find a place that sells elite... mathews... maybe s few others and shoot them.
          Thanks 12RingKing. Thats helpful! Double G is quite a drive. I assume you've been there before??

Comment

I'll actually be in Houston next week, can anybody recommend a good place to go to....preferably on the west part of Houston.

Comment

There is Clyde's in corpus and also a new place opening at Roy's also in corpus. Tejas bowmen is the 3D club down there I think

Comment

Good luck to you in your search! You won't regret the extra month extension into your deer season!

Comment

Yeah, I didn't have much luck in McMullen County with hog or bucks last week. Barely saw any older bucks past 3 yrs of age and didn't see one hog! plenty of tracks, rooting, and wallows. But didn't actually sight one to take home. If javelina tasted good, I could have taken a whole family home. haha!

Comment

Crap! You wrote san antonio and I was thinking austin for some reason....

West houston archery? There's also santa fe archery close by... they carry all the major brands

Comment

Originally posted by LillDragun View Post
                      I'll actually be in Houston next week, can anybody recommend a good place to go to....preferably on the west part of Houston.
                      West Houston Archery on I-10 near the Kirkwood exit is a top-notch shop. They will have an extensive inventory that you can riffle through and shoot. I like those guys and they will take care of you unless you are an insufferable a-hole.

Bow Zone is just about due North of GBI between I-45 and 59. I haven't been out there because it's about 40 miles away from where I live through some of the worst traffic in the nation, but I hear a lot of good things.

Also, you may want to check out Greater Houston Archery in "West-Central" Houston. This business was previously Viking Archery and I have heard some sad stories about the demise of that shop and I have no idea what kind of inventory you could expect, but Scott is a good pro. If you will be in a location where driving to Spring or most of the way to Katy doesn't appeal to you, then I would at least put in a call.
                      Last edited by JimboBurnsy; 12-01-2014, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimboBurnsy View Post
                        West Houston Archery on I-10 near the Kirkwood exit is a top-notch shop. They will have an extensive inventory that you can riffle through and shoot. I like those guys and they will take care of you unless you are an insufferable a-hole.

Bow Zone is just about due North of GBI between I-45 and 59. I haven't been out there because it's about 40 miles away from where I live through some of the worst traffic in the nation, but I hear a lot of good things.

Also, you may want to check out Greater Houston Archery in "West-Central" Houston. This business was previously Viking Archery and I have heard some sad stories about the demise of that shop and I have no idea what kind of inventory you could expect, but Scott is a good pro. If you will be in a location where driving to Spring or most of the way to Katy doesn't appeal to you, then I would at least put in a call.
                        Thanks Jimbo! I'll be near the Bellaire area. Katy isn't too far I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by El Coyote View Post
                          There is Clyde's in corpus and also a new place opening at Roy's also in corpus. Tejas bowmen is the 3D club down there I think
                          Got any more info on this Roy's place?

Comment

I have heard about the new place in Corpus for a couple years now. Is it ever going to happen?

Comment

Originally posted by LillDragun View Post
                              Thanks Jimbo! I'll be near the Bellaire area. Katy isn't too far I guess.
                              It depends on the time of day, of course...

Comment

Working...
                              X