No announcement yet.

FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still using stingers but like Hoyt21 I didn't like the buzzcut but I can sharpen the heck outta the others

Comment

Everyone got their arrows built, tuned and sighted in?
      Any new changed or discoveries?

Comment

Haven't gotten to shoot for a good long while now. Hopefully get going again a little bit here.

Comment

Also, any experience with hellrazors 125 gr broadhead?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
            Everyone got their arrows built, tuned and sighted in?
            Any new changed or discoveries?
            Got mine tuned sir

Comment

My new carnivores are flying great at 20 in the backyard. Hopefully this weekend I'll get to test them on longer distances.

Comment

Sending out 2 of the heavy and high FOC arrows (779 and 729 grains approx) to Hoyt21 to start the playing with and then he will ship them to BP and then from there not sure where but there will be someone after BP gets thru playing with them.
                I have not been able to shoot any due to taking a new teaching job and being swamped doing new teacher academy, training days and getting ready for school Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  Sending out 2 of the heavy and high FOC arrows (779 and 729 grains approx) to Hoyt21 to start the playing with and then he will ship them to BP and then from there not sure where but there will be someone after BP gets thru playing with them.
                  I have not been able to shoot any due to taking a new teaching job and being swamped doing new teacher academy, training days and getting ready for school Monday.
                  Just built me a FMJ for my long bow.
                  803 with 145 grain tip and regular nock.
                  817 with lighted nock and 150 grain tip. 19.969 % FOC I think that's with the lighted knock. I was shooting for 820.

I wrote a post from the Bow Shop chronicling my quest for a heavy arrow.
                  am I the only that sees were this has gone..... :thumbup:

On Target Archery in Canton, TX built me one to try out.
                  I already pm'd Muddyfuzzy ;-)

They cut about 1/8" off of each end of 250 FMJ. Why? 17 GPI. They used a 75 grain insert 150 grain head. running 4" RW Feathers. they're ordering me 150 grain Magnus Stingers.

I was going to build a Grizzly stick. BUT I had the prices from a 2009 catalog. I was at 288 for 6 arrows inserts and Ashby 315 grain heads.
                  I calculated 929 grains on paper.
                  By the time I'm done I was figuring on $50/Arrow..... More than I want to spend right.
                  so I'm exploring some other arrow options.

Looking into upgrading my current arrows with weight tubes.

I did fling the arrow at 810 grains a BLISTERING 160 FPS.
                  I think got better in me. I was SORE. I Haven't shot in 2 - 3 weeks now. I shot the Longbow about 25 times. I got a couple of good groups and some real bad ones.......

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                    Just built me a FMJ for my long bow.
                    803 with 145 grain tip and regular nock.
                    817 with lighted nock and 150 grain tip. 19.969 % FOC I think that's with the lighted knock. I was shooting for 820.

I wrote a post from the Bow Shop chronicling my quest for a heavy arrow.
                    am I the only that sees were this has gone..... :thumbup:

On Target Archery in Canton, TX built me one to try out.
                    I already pm'd Muddyfuzzy ;-)

They cut about 1/8" off of each end of 250 FMJ. Why? 17 GPI. They used a 75 grain insert 150 grain head. running 4" RW Feathers. they're ordering me 150 grain Magnus Stingers.

I was going to build a Grizzly stick. BUT I had the prices from a 2009 catalog. I was at 288 for 6 arrows inserts and Ashby 315 grain heads.
                    I calculated 929 grains on paper.
                    By the time I'm done I was figuring on $50/Arrow..... More than I want to spend right.
                    so I'm exploring some other arrow options.

Looking into upgrading my current arrows with weight tubes.

I did fling the arrow at 810 grains a BLISTERING 160 FPS.
                    I think got better in me. I was SORE. I Haven't shot in 2 - 3 weeks now. I shot the Longbow about 25 times. I got a couple of good groups and some real bad ones.......
                    Them are heavy, but out of a long bow, not bad speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      Them are heavy, but out of a long bow, not bad speed.

Been thinking of shooting them out of my compound...

What say y'all .....

Comment

Why not lol

Comment

Push. Why did you go with the fmj. Was you needing that much weight.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                            Push. Why did you go with the fmj. Was you needing that much weight.

Yes sir.
                            My long bows a 70# er at 28".
                            I'm drawing it 31". At 4# per inch past 28.
                            4 x 3=12+70=82x10gpp = 820 grains

The fmjs are 17gpi

Comment

So
                              I calculated my FOC on my new FMJs yesterday, 12.9%
                              I'm using the 75 grain insert and 150 tip.
                              It's a 250 spine arrow, it don't fly very good out of my recurve,
                              What if I put a 250 grain VPA 3 blade 1 1/4" cut on it. I think the spine will handle it.

Has anyone tried the head and combo?

Comment

Shot a 6 pt last night. Got a pass thru. Shot was a touch far back

Comment

Working...
                                X