X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muddy will chime in im sure and let u know

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      OK Muddy. I may already have this info, but I need an arrow with as much FOC as possible with a total weight between 700 and 750 grains at 28". Shot at a 29" draw and 70#'s with a HCA 2009 Speed Pro. I have the Tuffhead 220grain head already. What shaft can I look at? I shoot FOB's now but will go with the quick fletch or regular 2" Blazers for this arrow.
      Honestly, I think your only realistic option is a Grizzly Stick. With the amount/type of hunting you do it would be pretty easy to justify.

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
        Erroneous ! On all accounts
        This arrow will be very stiff. But it will get him to the weight he wants. Plus being stiff and bow tuned it will shoot like a dart

I have several of them cut to 26.5 inches. Stiff as crap. But they shoot great. And that's with a tip from 125 to 350 gns.

Comment

Mudslinger. I forgot the grizzly sticks. Muddy may be right. Now I was just at a hunt at kjo. He had several grizzly sticks that where broke. He said he's not impressed with them. I don't know. Rough country. Not many arrows would make it any way

Comment

I am wondering if these Grizzly shafts are brittle? I have some components ready to put together an arrow with the weights and FOC I am looking for, just need to get out and away from this huge boot and broken foot. Hopefully by the end of April.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              I am wondering if these Grizzly shafts are brittle? I have some components ready to put together an arrow with the weights and FOC I am looking for, just need to get out and away from this huge boot and broken foot. Hopefully by the end of April.

You ever check out the videos on there website where the shoot bones?

Comment

Yep, but it has been a while.

Comment

And the FOC saga continues! Carnivores at 450/17% and the X-Impacts are 424 with a whopping 20.7%! Gotta love those low GPI shafts!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427642526.881991.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	24372036Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427642536.497416.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	24372037

Comment

Hey muddy have you tried the rampages

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                      Hey muddy have you tried the rampages

No I have not. Guys that shoot them love them but personally I'm not a real big fan of the half-out design. My preference is a standard insert or full outsert for extreme set ups.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                        No I have not. Guys that shoot them love them but personally I'm not a real big fan of the half-out design. My preference is a standard insert or full outsert for extreme set ups.
                        Is it because they bend? I'm just asking I haven't ordered yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                          Is it because they bend? I'm just asking I haven't ordered yet.

They can. If you decide to go with them I strongly recommend using the Platinum series instead of the normal SS bone crushers. The 17-4 material used in the Platinum series is not as ductile as the regular stainless models thus is less prone to deformation. Shoot me a pm with what you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                            And the FOC saga continues! Carnivores at 450/17% and the X-Impacts are 424 with a whopping 20.7%! Gotta love those low GPI shafts![ATTACH]703726[/ATTACH][ATTACH]703727[/ATTACH]

Look at this beautiful x impacts. And might even do what muddy said and use a 175 gk and still be at 449-450 grains with serious foc. And. 1 7/8 cutting diameter hmmmmmm !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                              Look at this beautiful x impacts. And might even do what muddy said and use a 175 gk and still be at 449-450 grains with serious foc. And. 1 7/8 cutting diameter hmmmmmm !!!!!

You have a lot of options if you stay around 65#'s

Comment

Shooting 65.5

Comment

Working...
                                X