Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
    I tried one on a firing line...
    I'd get to about 1/4 draw and it'd release ......
    It was different. The few times I did get it to full draw I got impatient waiting for it to release
    That's a good thing makes you wait for the shot to surprise you ! You can adjust them for different tensions

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
      Ok I shot th3 33% foc arrow. It weight was 753 gn. Momentum was .721
      What app is this?

Comment

The app I use is called. ArcheryPal. It's goods for doing fast things with it

Comment

The app I use is called. ArcheryPal. It's goods for doing fast things with it

Archery isn't your Pal dude I don't care what it's been telling you.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423350406.613363.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	24362897how much FOC does this have?

Comment

117%

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                [ATTACH]692029[/ATTACH]how much FOC does this have?

Ran it through the calculators, and I figure it has about 3%. Too much weight on the tail end

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                  Yea from AT I have him on face book and is going to talk me through what he does to get the results he does. I know with nock level top cam advanced only he was getting really good results.

After that we will play with yokes
                  Shane is a good guy...very knowledgeable with tuning

Comment

Ok just to keep this going. Say you got a god given gift and had the chance to chase Cape buffalo spot and stock bow only. What arrow, weight, foc and broad head would u use ?

Comment

Ok just to keep this going. Say you got a god given gift and had the chance to chase Cape buffalo spot and stock bow only. What arrow, weight, foc and broad head would u use ?
                      Arrow:
                      Grizzly Stick Momentum 175

Weight:
                      Minimum 950 grains

FOC:
                      30+%

Broadhead:
                      Solid one piece single bevel.
                      Like the Grizzly Stick Ashby or Nano

Comment

Since its a God given gift. Your feel so giving your self you just give the hunt to me.

So my arrow would be an blackeagle x-impact 250 spine. I would cut it to 26 inches. Then with insert and broadhead I would have a total weight of 400 gn. This would get my arrow to 675 gn with over 28% foc.

Now my broadhead. I would look at the tuff head. It's a 3 to 1 head.

This will have my momentum above .64

Now for your arrow. I'm not helping you. I think you will be selfish and not give me that hunt. Your own your own.

I will tell you I killed a water buffalo few years back with an arrow that was around that 425 gn mark with a 125 gn stinger. Foc was prolly around 13%.
                        Last edited by enewman; 02-08-2015, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Since its a God given gift. Your feel so giving your self you just give the hunt to me.

So my arrow would be an blackeagle x-impact 250 spine. I would cut it to 26 inches. Then with insert and broadhead I would have a total weight of 400 gn. This would get my arrow to 675 gn with over 28% foc.

Now my broadhead. I would look at the tuff head. It's a 3 to 1 head.

This will have my momentum above .64

Now for your arrow. I'm not helping you. I think you will be selfish and not give me that hunt. Your own your own.

I will tell you I killed a water buffalo few years back with an arrow that was around that 425 gn mark with a 125 gn stinger. Foc was prolly around 13%.

The X-impacts are really nice shafts, glad I made the switch over to them from the Deep Impacts. The lighter GPI lets you build more FOC even dropping down a spine.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                            The X-impacts are really nice shafts, glad I made the switch over to them from the Deep Impacts. The lighter GPI lets you build more FOC even dropping down a spine.

In really liking my X-Impacts as well. I'm shooting 300 spine w/ the Firenock Aero outserts and 125 gr RamCats. They fly great and with my FOBs on them, crosswinds are of no issue.

Comment

Well my arrow came out at 27 inches ctc. Total weight is 525. That's with 265 gn upfront and an 24% foc. Not sure I like it. I'll have to shoot through the crony today and see where I'm at. Should be at least 254 fps. Possible higher if the bow is holding effeicent. .593 on the momentum.

Comment

What's not to like?

Comment

Working...
                                X