FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bm22 View Post
    So what are the lightest, stiffest arrows out there to increase foc? Right now I'm shooting Easton axis. They are good arrows just heavy. I would like to shoot 430-440 gr arrow with 200 gr up front.
    the x-impact is the lightest across all spine ranges and will build the most FOC. my arrows are 440 with 22.5% They aren't cheap but you get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
      the x-impact is the lightest across all spine ranges and will build the most FOC. my arrows are 440 with 22.5% They aren't cheap but you get what you pay for.
      Muddy could we build this at like 410-420 20% foc ?0,

Comment

Are they made by black eagle? How do they seem to hold up when you hit game?

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
          Muddy could we build this at like 410-420 20% foc ?0,
          yes sir.

Comment

Like champs ! I shot three different animals with the same deep impact this year !!! And still have it

Comment

yes sir.
              Details you know I want that blazing speed out my nitrum !

Comment

So what are the lightest, stiffest arrows out there to increase foc? Right now I'm shooting Easton axis. They are good arrows just heavy. I would like to shoot 430-440 gr arrow with 200 gr up front.
                goldtip series 22, 7.3 gpi / 300 spine.

skinny is in, these are out of fashion but the lightest / stiffest i know of.

Comment

I like the looks of the x-impact shafts but I am not sold on having to buy the outserts, I don't see steel outserts so it's going to be hard to get the foc up w/o a heavy brass insert like on gold tips or the hit inserts

Comment

I like the looks of the x-impact shafts but I am not sold on having to buy the outserts, I don't see steel outserts so it's going to be hard to get the foc up w/o a heavy brass insert like on gold tips or the hit inserts
                    22.5% is EFOC bro, I don't know how much more "up" you want to get than that.

Comment

Details you know I want that blazing speed out my nitrum !
                      You got to go up to 150's!

Comment

So what's the deal stiff side up? How can we index with out shooting ?
                        You can float your arrows in water. Stiff or heavy side always faces down. But the spine tester is obviously more accurate.

Comment

You got to go up to 150's!
                          That's exactly what I was thinking and will most likely be a silver flame, soild or land shark. Wish they made a grizz 2 150 they are my go to right now

Comment

22.5% is EFOC bro, I don't know how much more "up" you want to get than that.

How are you calculating this? I was using the gold tip foc calculator. With 28in shaft, 7.4 gpi arrows, 40 gr outsert, 125 gr bh, vanes and nock I am getting 12% foc and a 430 gr arrow.
                            Now with gt at 8.2 gpi, 100 gr brass insert I get a 479 gr arrow with 20% foc. That's still shooting my 125 gr razor tricks.

Not arguing just saying what the calculator says.

I want the lightest 20% foc arrow I can get while shooting 125 gr razor tricks. Of course the whole point is to have the arrow durable enough in case I hit bone and need the extra foc. Because who are we kidding on a perfect hit the difference between 10% and 20% foc is how many inches they penetrate the dirt. It's the less than perfect hits where the extra foc comes in handy.

Comment

He might get mad but here is my buddy Josh (jbarr) at Santa Fe shooting the metal pig. Shot got pulled and missed the mark, but the deep impact was unscathed, went back in the quiver and is still being shot. Flattened the field point like a dime but the arrow and outsert looked brand new. That pig there is 1/4" steel plate welded to 4" channel, weighs about 45#'s. The bow is a d340 so it's making some speed.
                              Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Comment

There is no calculation being done. Don't be too reliant on programs.........I built the arrow and the FOC is measured not calculated using the AMO method.

Comment

Working...
                                X