340 or 300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
    Just so yall know, he is a 32" draw. Not sure he can shoot a 29" arrow. Maybe a 30"?

I can shoot 2.5 inches shorter than my dl. If I wanted. I don't tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
      I can shoot 2.5 inches shorter than my dl. If I wanted. I don't tho.

Wow. Ok i usually shoot 1.5 shorter

Comment

What is your draw length ragin just curious

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
          What is your draw length ragin just curious

28.5 but I run 28 with my loop and for when it's cold n I got bigger coats on.

Comment

Here's your FOC with different nocks.
            Carnivore 8.5 gpix29"
            Bh 125
            Blazers 18
            Insert 11
            Glue 3
            Lumenock 27.5
            Standard nock 10
            Finished weights are 431(lumenock) or 413.5 (std nock)
            Foc for Lumnock arrow is 10.94% and for std nock 13.05%

I can run it for different length arrows if you'd like also.
            Last edited by thorshammer; 09-05-2014, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Ehhhh. That's more of an experience thing. There are calculators for it. But muddy can prolly get dang close just from having the numbers. 29" arrow??? And that measurement is from the throat of the nock to the back edge of the insert.

Post #6 & 7 have pictures of how I measured my arrow. I think I'm doing it right.

I wish I could buy each and everyone of you guys a cup of coffee for taking the time to help me out! It is truly a blessings to me in so many ways.
              I can't thank you all enough!!

Comment

Originally posted by thorshammer View Post
                Here's your FOC with different nocks.
                Carnivore 8.5 gpix29"
                Bh 125
                Blazers 18
                Insert 11
                Glue 3
                Lumenock 27.5
                Standard nock 10
                Finished weights are 431(lumenock) or 413.5 (std nock)
                Foc for Lumnock arrow is 10.94% and for std nock 13.05%

I can run it for different length arrows if you'd like also.

Thank you!!

This ics the setup I'm leaning towards. I shouldn't need anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                  Post #6 & 7 have pictures of how I measured my arrow. I think I'm doing it right.

I wish I could buy each and everyone of you guys a cup of coffee for taking the time to help me out! It is truly a blessings to me in so many ways.
                  I can't thank you all enough!!

Close!!! Throat of the nock to the back edge of the insert not the front edge. But yes if you went to the back of the insert it looks like it would come out to 29" on the nose.

Comment

PB, I'm just down the road from you. If ya want Bloodsport or DCA, give me a shout. I can figure your FOC, total weight, etc

Comment

Originally posted by WKH2213 View Post
                      PB, I'm just down the road from you. If ya want Bloodsport or DCA, give me a shout. I can figure your FOC, total weight, etc
                      Ok. I think I bought my Hades from you. Met you and your on a Sunday at the Love in Van.....

Comment

Close!!! Throat of the nock to the back edge of the insert not the front edge. But yes if you went to the back of the insert it looks like it would come out to 29" on the nose.
                        even a fool like me gets lucky once a millennium :-)

Comment

Ok. So I was on Goldtip.com and I was messing with their FOC calculator.

Is it better to add a weighted insert and keep a 100 grain head. Easy to find..

Blazers weigh 6.2 grains each.
                          Shield cut feathers 2.4 grains each. If I switch to feathers it gives me more FOC. Trade off is you can't/shouldn't use feathers with a Whisker Biscuit.... If I switch to a G5 Halo type rest, can I use feathers?

Comment

What magic FOC number are you trying to get to? IMO if you put that much weight up front with that little on the back you will be under spined even with a 300. And if you go up in spine you will go over your desired total arrow weight.

Shoot a 300 spined arrow with a 125 grain fixed blade head and blazer vanes. You should be able to kill anything with that.

Comment

Working...
                            X