Wood arrows and compound bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
    There is significant difference in the way spine is calculated for wooden shafts versus carbon or aluminum shafts.

I don't have the chart in front of me but suffice it to say that you would need a wooden shaft akin to a telephone pole to shoot it from a modern compound bow with a draw weight of 65 lbs. Probably around a 100-120 or even more and that probably ain't enough.
    Well I guess that ablaut answers the question. I thought it would end like this.

I guess I just need to make sure I retrieve all arrows from the zombies

"Why would you want to? I mean, you can buy something at Academy or Walmart for under $5, and it wouldn't be any less well spined than a wooden arrow."

Or hope that Walmart is still open...

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
      Well I guess that ablaut answers the question. I thought it would end like this.

"Why would you want to? I mean, you can buy something at Academy or Walmart for under $5, and it wouldn't be any less well spined than a wooden arrow."

You will usually get a pass thru,,,,anyhow.

Comment

Or get a longbow...

Comment

Y'all need to invest in a spell checking program....

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
            Y'all need to invest in a spell checking program....

Don't tell me ur one a dem grammar Nazi's!!!!

Comment

Absolutely not!!!! There is not a compound bow company in the world that would advise this......good way to wind up in surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                Don't tell me ur one a dem grammar Nazi's!!!!
                Don't ever trust a man who can not spell a word two different ways

Back to OP:

If no long bow and out of arrows, any ideas how to fabricate an arrow for a compound? What found object might work. Or just SOL. Remember this is an SHTF situation.

Comment

Don't ever trust a man who can not spell a word two different ways

Back to OP:

If no long bow and out of arrows, any ideas how to fabricate an arrow for a compound? What found object might work. Or just SOL. Remember this is an SHTF situation.
                  Not without specialty tools.

In SHTF situation I would/could easily fashion my own longbow and arrows along with spears. Forming serviceable BH's from metal would of course be easier with a good file. But knapping is a skill you might need in such a situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                    Not without specialty tools.

In SHTF situation I would/could easily fashion my own longbow and arrows along with spears. Forming serviceable BH's from metal would of course be easier with a good file. But knapping is a skill you might need in such a situation.
                    I agree whole hearted. Good skills to have

Maybe time to try to make a PVC bow.

Comment

IMO if you are in that situation, and have shot all of your bullets, and all of your arrows, then you are going to lose, or don't plan ahead very well.

Rather than make a cheap junky PVC bow, make some really awesome sling shots. I don't think you will ever run out of rocks.

Comment

I'd stay away from any kind of wood arrows in a compound.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                          IMO if you are in that situation, and have shot all of your bullets, and all of your arrows, then you are going to lose, or don't plan ahead very well.

Rather than make a cheap junky PVC bow, make some really awesome sling shots. I don't think you will ever run out of rocks.
                          You can only carry so many bullets. I am not one to go around putting catches every where. I think a bow would be good to carry. Hunt with bow and defend with riffle.

The sling shot is a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post

Or pea gravel.

Comment

Or just hump there leg

Comment

I think if you are woried about zombies that much you should probably read the bible more and try to follow it to the T. If zombies are running around then you missed the rapture and god is really really mad. Also, if you are trying to shoot anything else out of your bow aside from the correct arrows in an oh s**** situation you should have bought more bullets.

Comment

Working...
                                X