What's the deal with elite bows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bearkills View Post
    Yup agreed! And it's definitely been a while. You still over there on the other side of the metro?

Yes sir. Rockwall it is for me.

Comment

I have had an Elite Answer for a couple of years with no problems.

Comment

Plan on going to CCR next weekend and shooting everything I can. Pumped about the E32.

Comment

Any one else have chrono speeds for the elite 32. I shoot 26dl 70# 360grain arrow. I shot a faktor 30 at 285 fps. Rest was a whisker basket and out of tune. I am curious what the elite would do because I liked the draw cycle better on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
            Fellas I'm in the market to buy a new bow within the next week or two and I've been seeing a lot of posting on here about elite bow. I'm in Houston and they don't have a lot of dealers near me so I would have to drive about an hour to see and shoot one of those elites. Going to go to West Houston archery this weekend and try to couple of the major brands like Matthews and BowTech. It seems like a lot of guys like the elite bows. Are they really that good? I'm willing to make the drive if they have high enough reviews here. People keep saying that they are very forgiving bows. That and the easy draw cycle our premium for me.
            yes

Comment

Any updates? You pick one up?

Comment

I shot the Energy 32 today along with some other bows. Couldn't even shoot the Drive the draw cycle was so bad. Was not impressed with the draw cycle on the Creed XS either or the lack of any valley but it did have a very solid wall. The Hoyt Faktor was neck in neck with the Elite and I have a decision to make.

Comment

I have shot every bow I could get my hands on this year. hoyt Faktor 30,34,turbo , hoyt Carbon spyder, Mathews chill R, Bowtech rpm 360, Strothers rush, Elite 32, Pse Dream Season. I agree with DRT that the Elite and Hoyt Faktor are close best. I would recommend not buying one with out shooting both. I hope to chrono the elite this weekend and will probably let the speed choose since I cant make up my mind else wise. I am lucky enough to have shot all these bow with in an hour of my house. I still want to shoot bear before I make my final choice but I doubt it will change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    I shot the Energy 32 today along with some other bows. Couldn't even shoot the Drive the draw cycle was so bad. Was not impressed with the draw cycle on the Creed XS either or the lack of any valley but it did have a very solid wall. The Hoyt Faktor was neck in neck with the Elite and I have a decision to make.

I shot the Carbon Spyder 34 and Faktor 34 back to back so the Faktor did not feel great compared to the CS34.

The CS34 was 2nd to the E35 for me. Only bow close honestly and I shot everything at the ATA Show.

Comment

You are going to have less speed with the Elite but I should be close to the speed I had with my Z7E. Having a 26.5" dl already puts me at a disadvantage speed wise but with a laser range finder and lots of shooting so my judgement is actually pretty good out to 40 yards so I'm comfortable with the slower bow. I don't like the weight of the Elite as much but really I don't hike miles in the mountains for elk, sheep, moose or caribou so a half pound shouldn't kill me. The dual vs. 1 1/2 cam should make it easier for the slow and incompetent (me) to tune well. The transferable life time warranty is nice. I hope I don't regret the decision but I'm going with the Elite Energy 32.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        You are going to have less speed with the Elite but I should be close to the speed I had with my Z7E. Having a 26.5" dl already puts me at a disadvantage speed wise but with a laser range finder and lots of shooting so my judgement is actually pretty good out to 40 yards so I'm comfortable with the slower bow. I don't like the weight of the Elite as much but really I don't hike miles in the mountains for elk, sheep, moose or caribou so a half pound shouldn't kill me. The dual vs. 1 1/2 cam should make it easier for the slow and incompetent (me) to tune well. The transferable life time warranty is nice. I hope I don't regret the decision but I'm going with the Elite Energy 32.
                        Get TCF to help you tune it, he's right down the road from you

Comment

I haven't had a chance to shoot the E35 at my DL. Had a chance to at 28", but I'm a 30. Bow felt nice, but I don't think I got a feel for it like I could have.

My question is, how is the transition into the valley vs some of the other 2 track binary companies like Obsession? Is it soft or does it dump off when you have it past 80% letoff?

Really been thinking about the E35 lately!

Comment

I set all of them I tune at 80% so I can't help on anything it does after that.

I think it rolls over very nice. It was my favorite binary I shot at the ATA show. New Breed Eclipse was the other binary that stood out regarding the draw cycle.

2" long on DL is hard to tell how a bow feels for sure.

Comment

It was actually too short

Comment

There is no hump and it doesn't dump, very consistant will minimal effort to draw

Comment

Working...
                                X