Which bh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by docmay View Post

This was an 8 or 9 year old stag from a friends ranch. He had plenty of groceries and was the biggest bodied stags I have seen. Like mentioned above, they are smaller than elk. Any appropriate elk setup will blow through a stag.
    That stag is nuts

Comment

Originally posted by TXBlkCld View Post
      Just curious why you'd want to get the speed "down" to 270. Just doesn't make sense to me but I'm just a **** herdin redneck.
      I will probably take a ribbing for this but It is the truth.I personally don't like to push large blade broadheads over the 270 mark.I try to buy myself all the forgiveness I can get when I'm in the field, conditions are not always perfect.there's nothing scientific about 270 however I have shot a lot of broadheads in a lot of different conditions and I found that large fixed heads fly a whole lot better, for me under this speed in adverse conditions.

Just a little bit of torque with a fixed head at 300 feet a second can mean 10" or more of planing at 30 yards.a good mechanical will reduces this number by half like a Ram cat or steelhead 125.

if you guys don't believe me take a good mechanical and a big fixed head and shoot them at 30 yards and torque just a little on purpose. but make sure you have a large target lol

Comment

Originally posted by Saltej_77 View Post
        Well I am not starting any mech. Vs fixed or a rage debate just laying this down. I am going on a red deer hunt and have a ton if different bh's. I will be shooting fixed so here are the options. All 100gr. Slick trick magnum, smoke ramcat, Magnus stinger 2bld. I am shooting a 450+gr total arrow weight(fmj's) just shy of 300fps.
        All 3 a really a perfect choice. Pic the one you like the most.

Comment

I usually keep my Grizz Tricks running at 300fps. Zero Issues. Ramcats fly as good as mechs at 320.

Comment

Working...
          X