Which bh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which bh?

Well I am not starting any mech. Vs fixed or a rage debate just laying this down. I am going on a red deer hunt and have a ton if different bh's. I will be shooting fixed so here are the options. All 100gr. Slick trick magnum, smoke ramcat, Magnus stinger 2bld. I am shooting a 450+gr total arrow weight(fmj's) just shy of 300fps.

My vote is for ST Mags

Comment

I would shoot a little heavier arrow if going w st and get the speed down to about 270. Or shoot the Ram cats.

Comment

Any of those heads will be great. I would smoke ram cat em personally

Comment

ramcat 125s

Comment

Ram cats
            Last edited by Fla Hunter; 11-12-2013, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Ramcats!!

Comment

Either one of the first two.

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                  I would shoot a little heavier arrow if going w st and get the speed down to about 270. Or shoot the Ram cats.
                  Just curious why you'd want to get the speed "down" to 270. Just doesn't make sense to me but I'm just a **** herdin redneck.

Comment

Idk why he picked 270 but that speed is plenty fast enough and the op could gain some great momentum and or foc to help insure more penetration in a large red deer. It will also quiet the bow down reducing string jump.

Comment

Your set up will be plenty for a red stag hunt. My personal choice, a great surprise to no one, would be the Ramcats! Stags are not as big as an elk.

Comment

I would shoot the slick trick mags. I like the ramcats well enough but like slick trick better. They are among the sharpest I have seen and are tough. I'll post a pic of a stag that a mag blew through. My arrows were about 430 grains and going 285 fps or so.

Comment

What's your set up? How OCD are you about tuning?

Comment

This was an 8 or 9 year old stag from a friends ranch. He had plenty of groceries and was the biggest bodied stags I have seen. Like mentioned above, they are smaller than elk. Any appropriate elk setup will blow through a stag.

Comment

Originally posted by cactus kid View Post
                              What's your set up? How OCD are you about tuning?
                              2012 bowtech insanity, 27" 73#, and am very ocd about keeping my bow tuned up.

Comment

Working...
                              X