No announcement yet.

when using a climber are yall standing up or sitting down when shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always try to position myself where my shot will be on my left side (I'm right handed). I can shoot sitting down no problem in my closed or open front climbers. If I pick up the deer soon enough I'll stand for unlimited options, but if it all happens quick (usually does for me) I try and leave myself a sitting shot option

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
      A few things- when shooting while sitting pay close attention to your lower limb and cam as they will move down and outward when you release.
      I've had them hit my armrest and knee on different occasions- making the arrow go off course or raising a ruckus on the way out.

Another thing you may consider- bring a field tipped arrow or two with you and practice shooting each way.
      When hunting East Texas I always carry a field pointed arrow and at the end of a morning hunt will pick out a leaf or pine cone on the ground and shoot at it to see how close I can get. If you are not bending at the waist you may see your arrow hit low. (Don't just lower your arm)
      THAT is great advice! I'm going to do that next time I go out!

Comment

Working...
      X