when using a climber are yall standing up or sitting down when shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im still getting the hang of my goliath, starting to feel natural do you all stand up or sit down? im using a DXT and would like to sit down to shoot less noise getting up and down. Also if im sitting do i need the seat and platform section closer together or farther away?

Stand shooting a bow, sit for a rifle

Comment

Thanks bro

Comment

I stand if at all possible when bowhunting and always sit when rifle hunting.

Comment

I sit when I bow hunt, but to make it easier, you must raise your seat as high as it will go on the top part. I don't think it really matters the distance between top & lower section if you're setting. Just make it really comfortable

Comment

I always preferred standing when I started using climbers. However, that meant I had to see the deer before it saw me and had to risk making noise. I then started practicing sitting shots as well. It paid off as I recently was invited to hunt a friends property and his tripods are set up for sitting only.

All in all, standing is more comfortable mentally, but def practice sitting shots as well in case that deer of a lifetime sneaks up on you and you can't stand.

Comment

The last two comments sum up what I would say. Good luck

Comment

also do you all use bow holders on the side of your climbers? if so what brand thanks for everyones input

Comment

Originally posted by howie1968 View Post
                  also do you all use bow holders on the side of your climbers? If so what brand thanks for everyones input
                  Summit brand bow holder

IMO deer don't spook as easy when they are closer than 20yds, especially when you're 20'+ up a tree.

[ATTACH]570793[/ATTACH]
                  Last edited by TallTexan; 11-12-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I sit if possible when shooting. Feels much more stable and you don't chance getting busted by standing up.

Comment

A few things- when shooting while sitting pay close attention to your lower limb and cam as they will move down and outward when you release.
                      I've had them hit my armrest and knee on different occasions- making the arrow go off course or raising a ruckus on the way out.

Another thing you may consider- bring a field tipped arrow or two with you and practice shooting each way.
                      When hunting East Texas I always carry a field pointed arrow and at the end of a morning hunt will pick out a leaf or pine cone on the ground and shoot at it to see how close I can get. If you are not bending at the waist you may see your arrow hit low. (Don't just lower your arm)

Comment

Tall Texan thats the same sight i use .10 went out moved my seat as high as it will go worked on standing and sitting the more i mess with the goliath the more i like it. ive always used ladder stands and ground blinds but the more i use the goliath the more i like it

Comment

articulate at the waist, i leanred that when shooting recurve, i appreciate all the tips and arrow with a field tip is in my quiver now

Comment

Sit always, less scent when sitting than standing and also less movement. I really think its goofy to ever stand and shoot in a treestand

Comment

I shoot both ways. If I can stand I will but most of the time I wont risk it and just shoot sitting. I use the screw in type that will put my bow to my side.

Comment

Working...
                              X