No announcement yet.

Endless loop string 2 color help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

something i bought at the beginning from Tractor Supply was a tension spring.

i would put it in line to "settle" the strands overnight before serving. it let me have several tension-ed at a time until i got to them to serve them . JMHO--strings don't stretch, (well, not the 452X types) they settle in. somewhere i read that on a binary cable there is 700lbs of tension on the cables when at draw (don't hold me to that, i'm old but it is a high number). not sure about the string. all this tension causes the twists to equal out over time under the servings and the individual strands to tighten in to one another allowing length to appear, thus the need to add a few twist to re-tune the harness. (unless a strand has been cut ). this is why high tension when being made helps the harness turn out good for the long haul.
    I have several of the $20 serving jigs but the best one (smoothest) is the beiter winder serving tool ($50) for high tension serving. the material comes off smooth instead of jerky.

Comment

I've got a bear paw and have been really happy with it

Comment

Originally posted by PSD Ryan View Post
        I've got a bear paw and have been really happy with it
        that's a good one! (i messed up with my Jig and it's not high enough off the table to use that one. I need to make higher L-brackets to get it around the string without bumping the table)

Comment

Working...
        X