Catwhiskers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FishinAddict22 View Post
    I use beaver balls on my recurve but I've heard using yarn works just as well if not better. There's a youtube video of it as well you should check out. Yarn also leaves you free to choose color.
    only bad thing about yarn is when it rains they get soaked.

Comment

Here is mine.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	24261822

Comment

I like that oktx! I need to find some red material

Comment

Janns netcraft. Order round leg by the foot. Best and easiest way to do it. Comes in a solid strip you can break up after you tie it. Here's mine
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PSD Ryan View Post
            Janns netcraft. Order round leg by the foot. Best and easiest way to do it. Comes in a solid strip you can break up after you tie it. Here's mine
            Sweet

Comment

Thanks PSD Ryan!

Comment

Originally posted by PSD Ryan View Post
                How many did u get? Shows ordering by the oz. 1oz is approx 1" x 5 1/2' long 40 strand. Will one oz be enuff?

Comment

Should be. I ordered bulk cause I work on bows on the side. Id say a thick set of whiskers like mine takes 2 to 3 feet, so an ounce should be enough to screw up once and do it over lol

Comment

Thx

Comment

If it's not enough let me know and I'll mail you some if I have your color

Comment

This has been my go to way for quite some time now. Works great!
                        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SyMi9IOfNs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SyMi9IOfNs[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Catcher20 View Post
                          This has been my go to way for quite some time now. Works great!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SyMi9IOfNs
                          That's a very good method. I'm more wasteful cause I have so much material. I take about 8 inches, fold it over twice for 4 thicknesses, tie it about in the middle, then cut the folds, separate the strands, and take a note card with a hole cut in the middle as a guide to trim it into a ball. My way is messy, uses more material and takes more time.

I will say 3 to 4 thicknesses makes a much fuller ball than 2. If I'm going 3 with 2 colors I always give the 2 thicknesses to the lighter color and 1 to the darker, seems to look better

Comment

Working...
                          X