Catwhiskers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catwhiskers

Anybody use the cheap ones from wally world?

Got em on two bows. Work just fine.

Comment

Thx. Hard to put on?

Comment

I bought a bunch of spinning skirt material by the yard a while back for next to nothing. Works well.

Comment

To put them on use a constrictor knot. Look it up if you need to. It works great. Trim into little balls and it all works great.

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
            I bought a bunch of spinning skirt material by the yard a while back for next to nothing. Works well.
            X2

Comment

Interesting idea. I use both monkey tails and catwhiskers

Comment

I learned that if you split the string and put them in they work much better.

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
                  To put them on use a constrictor knot. Look it up if you need to. It works great. Trim into little balls and it all works great.
                  U have to put between string or just tie it them to it? I dont have a press

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                    I learned that if you split the string and put them in they work much better.
                    Do u have to?

Comment

You can use a string separator if you want to put in the string. If not, there are ways to tie them on where they will not slip much if at all. Use a cinch knot (probably the same as the constrictor knot mentioned above). My shop put monkey tails on my bow when I had the string replaced but when they wear out, I will go back to using the cat whiskers cut short for small size "puffs". I still think they work better than any others and are CHEAP and easy to replace, even at the ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                        Do u have to?
                        No, they just work better.

Comment

Thx

Comment

I use beaver balls on my recurve but I've heard using yarn works just as well if not better. There's a youtube video of it as well you should check out. Yarn also leaves you free to choose color.

Comment

If you split the string they are less lightly to slide. Sliding leads to them blowing up. I've also found you can serve the areas above and below the knot if you don't split and the added thickness will help keep them from sliding. Serve it tight.

Comment

Working...
                              X