No announcement yet.

Fletching recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long are those Silent Knights, Mike?

Comment

I shoot with Blazers but have used the Fusion as well. The Fusion vanes have a slight advantage if you are fletching your own arrows and that is the base is a little wider and will really stick to the shaft well. I did not find them to be loud at all but they are rather stiff compared to the Blazers. I currently shoot with the Blazer vanes and they perform very well so have no need to change. All arrows have a certain amount of noise in flight. I you can do it safely stand down range behind some sort of barrier and let someone shoot by you and listen to the noise. It is a really neat sound. I would do this with a good friend though.

Comment

I shoot the shrink fletching. Way easy to do and really durable

Comment

Vanetec's steer really well in my opinion. I usually go with the shield cut at 2.25 with a 6 degree helical and i get good groups out to 40. They have a high profile vane as well that is a little lighter than a blazer

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            How long are those Silent Knights, Mike?
            Tracey. The Silent Knight 200's are 2". The Silent Knight 300's are 3". Both are great for broadheads. They would work well for 3D as well.

I highly recommend the Flex Fletch low profile 300 for 3D. Flecth up one of your arrows in a 3 fletch or 4 fletch (I prefer a 4 fletch) and you will be impressed. I will send you some FLP 300's and some Silent Knights 200's. You can try them both. Here is a picture of the Flex Fletch Silent Knight 200 and the Flex Fletch FLP (low profile) 300.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Arrowsmith; 11-05-2013, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Man, that would be awesome, Mike! I'd love to fletch 2 or 3 arrows in each just to try them. Funny, I'm finding I'm going back to nearly everything I started shooting with 10 years ago - TT drop away, Flex Fletch, .... ok, maybe not everything...

Mike, I'm trying to set up my 3D rig for next year. I've got my hunting arrows right where I need them. The new 2.1 Duravanes weigh 4.8 grains each, but my Archer's Advantage doesn't have the right weight and it won't let me change it. They are stiffer like the Blazers, but they stick to my arrows much better.

glpoe - The fusions are different from the Zeon Fusions - the zeons have ridges and they are really loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                Man, that would be awesome, Mike! I'd love to fletch 2 or 3 arrows in each just to try them. Funny, I'm finding I'm going back to nearly everything I started shooting with 10 years ago - TT drop away, Flex Fletch, .... ok, maybe not everything...

Mike, I'm trying to set up my 3D rig for next year. I've got my hunting arrows right where I need them. The new 2.1 Duravanes weigh 4.8 grains each, but my Archer's Advantage doesn't have the right weight and it won't let me change it. They are stiffer like the Blazers, but they stick to my arrows much better.

glpoe - The fusions are different from the Zeon Fusions - the zeons have ridges and they are really loud.
                Tracey. PM me you mailing address. I will send you some of both.

BTW..... I started with Flex Fletch and I am back with them also. The FLP 300low profile is my 3D vane and the Silent Knight 200 is my broadhead vane. I shoot a TT drop away as well. A tip on the TT. Set it up to stay in the up position for at least 3" as opposed to 1.5" as TT recommends. I got that tip from Derry Null and it has worked well for me. This gives your arrow more guidance before the rest drops.

Comment

I agree with the 3" on the TT drop. I think mine is a little less, but definitely more than the 1.5". PM on the way. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                  X