broad head fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keep View Post
    Tell him to hang in there and keep his chin up. It happens and he had a BH working against him.
    This. If anyone has not lost an animal they simply haven't shot many.

Comment

What a shame. Turned into a flying drill bit.

Comment

Dang

Comment

My Dad and I have both killed several deer and antelope with them with no problems other than one partially breaking. Hope the boy recovers quickly and gets another shot!

Comment

It is possible that the broken BH just left a flesh wound and the deer is still out there. Just a positive shot in the dark. I experienced something similar with my brother except he shot a big buck with a .30-06 and knocked it down, it got up and ran off very little blood but some bone at the initial point of impact where he lay on the ground but we did not find him. Not sure 100% but I believe my cousin killed that same deer two years later. Just sayin' it happens. Keep your head up kid.

Comment

Originally posted by keep View Post
              Tell him to hang in there and keep his chin up. It happens and he had a BH working against him.
              He is a good kid and loves bow hunting like my son. He is already rearing to go back at it.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
                It is possible that the broken BH just left a flesh wound and the deer is still out there. Just a positive shot in the dark. I experienced something similar with my brother except he shot a big buck with a .30-06 and knocked it down, it got up and ran off very little blood but some bone at the initial point of impact where he lay on the ground but we did not find him. Not sure 100% but I believe my cousin killed that same deer two years later. Just sayin' it happens. Keep your head up kid.
                He was saying they were following dry blood and started finding wet blood, like they were pushing him. This was 5-6 hours after shot, so he is thinking the deer will recover.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon Poison View Post
                  He is a good kid and loves bow hunting like my son. He is already rearing to go back at it.
                  Get him some Viper Tricks. They wont implode like that. Those are thin blades in those F 15's and Im sure chinese steel. Vipers are supported thru the ferrule much better and are made of German Lutz Soligen Mercedes class steel on the blades.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                    Get him some Viper Tricks. They wont implode like that. Those are thin blades in those F 15's and Im sure chinese steel. Vipers are supported thru the ferrule much better and are made of German Lutz Soligen Mercedes class steel on the blades.
                    I think he said he is going back to a three blade Muzzy, not for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon Poison View Post
                      I think he said he is going back to a three blade Muzzy, not for sure.
                      That works too. Just tell em to have a look at the Vipers if he likes a cut on contact head. Arrowsmith on here beats anyones prices once you factor in shipping and his awesome customer service that he is married to.

Comment

That works too. Just tell em to have a look at the Vipers if he likes a cut on contact head. Arrowsmith on here beats anyones prices once you factor in shipping and his awesome customer service that he is married to.
                        Will do, thanks!

Comment

Great advice!

Comment

they make horrible broad heads. I shot a buck with one (didnt mean to use that BH I had it out for coons), and luckily I found him. My BH was in similar condition afterwards. I sent a picture to CE and let them know I was not happy. They sent me another BH, which is not what I wanted. I just want them to disconinue makign them.

Comment

that is why I only use shuawkers

Comment

Feel bad for the youngster.... was it a good hit otherwise... focus on that and get back in a tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X